Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Thats kinda funny because my wqtched behaved the exact same way today. Drained insanely fast, the. Right around 8ish seemed to normalize.

I wonder if there are background algorithms that run maintenance and system checks and data reorganization/restructuring. If there is, running through that data, analyzing for usage and what to prioritize (like where to allocate memory, how much to allocate, and optimizing access to that particular data) and all that crazy stuff could certainly impact battery life significantly.

In this product, i wouldnt be surprised if there was something like this going on given a seemingly limited capacity for resources. It could also explain why you may go from great battery life for a while, then a day or two of bad battery, then back to great again.

Anyone think im just talking crazy?

scholls22

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
Okay, I think I have found a fix somewhat. I did several things and not sure which one worked 100%. I did a system restore of both devices and then re-paired. What I think did the trick was the following. I went into the watch settings and then to notifications..Every single app on my iPhone 6 was checked to send notifications to the iPhone which I think was constantly interacting with the phone. I would guess that the more apps you have on your phone, the quicker the battery dies. I unchecked about 95% of the apps and I have been getting way better battery life.

Also, my standby and usage times are starting to have a better spread than I did yesterday. My phone has been off of the charger for an hour and I am still at 100%, which for the last few days I would have been down to 90 already.

Try disabling the notifications and see if that helps!!!!

Crazy Matt

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
USA
Okay, I think I have found a fix somewhat. I did several things and not sure which one worked 100%. I did a system restore of both devices and then re-paired. What I think did the trick was the following. I went into the watch settings and then to notifications..Every single app on my iPhone 6 was checked to send notifications to the iPhone which I think was constantly interacting with the phone. I would guess that the more apps you have on your phone, the quicker the battery dies. I unchecked about 95% of the apps and I have been getting way better battery life.

Also, my standby and usage times are starting to have a better spread than I did yesterday. My phone has been off of the charger for an hour and I am still at 100%, which for the last few days I would have been down to 90 already.

Try disabling the notifications and see if that helps!!!!

Good to hear you've got a handle on it. The only 3rd party app I have on my watch is CNN. I don't see a point in having others when my phone is on my pocket or close by. So I get notifications from CNN, email, text messages and that's it. Really that's all I want out of the watch beside the time of course and I like the temp on my watch face also. Hope it keeps going well for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.