Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
The whole thing with the snappiness is a thing that started with the iphone, and with every update with that, their is the hope the update will help safari....at least I think that is the reason.
The whole Safari bit is an ongoing joke on the forums. Don't worry, the update does not address Safari in the least bit.

Houndog*

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
My MBP CPU Temps used to run in the low 60's, now in the low 80's after update?? I have only had this a couple of weeks but checked the temp periodically, above the function keys seemed extremely hot tonight and I was surprised at the temp increase. It is hotter now when surfing the web than it was editing photos previous to the battery update. My fans used to stay at 2000 and are now running at 2750.

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon :) The cause of the increased temps was a failed to print document (that printer not currently installed) which was using 99% of CPU resources. Back down to 58C and 2000RPM :)

brettanderson

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
My battery capacity increased a second time

before update 5480
after a restart 5589
after a few more hours 5608

can anyone explain how an update like this would increase battery capacity.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
No difference whatsoever - either battery capacity or operating temperature.

NeXTLoop

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2003
Has anyone ran Disk Utility or fsck to verify their HD after this update? As a matter of course, I always run DU to check my disk after installing System Updates.

About a week or so ago, my HD checked out perfectly fine. After this update, I got a number of Volume Bitmap errors. Nothing serious, certainly nothing fsck couldn't handle. But it makes me wonder if this update was the culprit.

Snorrblitz

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
Mine went from 5493 to 5600 straight after restart. I'll update this post If it goes up more. And Safari is so snappy now I changed back from FireFox :D

m i k e

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2007
I imagine it will take a few days for all of the reports to come in, but I have seen approx. 200 mAh gain in Coconut Battery since installing it (and without any discharge cycle in between). With 25 cycles, I was down to 95% health; I have returned to 100%+

I had 11 cycles on my battery and it was at 96% health. I installed and verified the update and nothing changed. It's still at 96% health. Anyone know what I can do?

schmons

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2007
I have some surprising results....
my battery had 30 min charge left before i installed the update... after restarting it shot up all the way to 1 hr 45 min.

I was having severe battery issues i guess... my battery health went from 33% to 79%. I was getting around 1 hr per battery charge and now it is back up to 2 hr 30min.

I was going to take it in to the apple store on monday but this seemed to have fixed my problems :)

ekcoh

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2007
I actually had 100% Health (5600mAH), then I calibrated it couple days ago and it went down to 97% around 5400mAh, after 7 cycles. :(

After the update it went up to 99% Health, 5500mAH. Better than 97% I guess.

EDIT: It seems my temperatures are also up about 5-7 degrees Celsius.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
Any of you know why these battery capatcities are over original spec after update 1.3? Of course I have no complain about having the battery's health boosted up. But just seems fishy, maybe there's a bug in the software?

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
my battery got better, i think it's strange how the power of the battery can just improve like that :confused:
before
before.png

after
after.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.