Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larry t

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Beats shouldn't be underestimated

I'm pretty excited about this. Beats is already paying artists more money per played track, and Apple is already getting exclusive music first through Itunes Radio and album releases like Beyonce's album. This may lead to Beats getting some pretty big exclusives first to there platform.

----------

Let's see what they can do. Competition is always good.

I'm pretty excited about this. Beats is already paying artists more money per played track, and Apple is already getting exclusive music first through Itunes Radio and album releases like Beyonce's album. This may lead to Beats getting some pretty big exclusives first to there platform.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
They need to change iTunes Radio and make it more like Spotify or Amazon Prime or else this pointless because iTunes Radio is pretty much boring. Also they need to have more dance/electronic music than those pointless rap and pop music.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
They need to change iTunes Radio and make it more like Spotify or Amazon Prime or else this pointless because iTunes Radio is pretty much boring. Also they need to have more dance/electronic music than those pointless rap and pop music.

IIRC spotify doesnt turn a profit. Apple isnt in the business of losing money on things so I doubt the spotify model is gonna happen anytime soon.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
And WHY does this look like a mug shot taken after a crazy night gone bad???

I'm really glad that I'm not the only one that thought this. Looks like it was a long night of beating up hookers to me.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
Dre's running with a different crowd these days.

You mean, running with intelligent, driven, innovative people? Yeah, that's not thug at all. Dre hasn't been thug for 20 years, in fact most in the know would say Dre has never been thug. Dre is about success and he will team with anyone that will get him there.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Some people must have really high expectations of mug shots. That picture is not too bad, it’s just a normal picture. :eek:

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
IIRC spotify doesnt turn a profit. Apple isnt in the business of losing money on things so I doubt the spotify model is gonna happen anytime soon.

Apple is also in the business of running their digital offerings (iTMS) at break-even (at least officially).

wikiverse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Hopefully this means iTunes Radio is closer being offered in the UK.

iTunes Radio works in the UK on UK carriers if it is already set up in Australia.

I'm not sure what you can do with this information, but the service and content isn't geo blocked. Maybe you can just trick your iTunes account into thinking you're Australian?

Also, you're not missing much. Almost all songs are 6 months old at least and there is a very limited selection of music.

Mashurrab

macrumors regular
May 30, 2014
Spotify for iOS has been regularly and frequently updated on the iPhone and is one of the best music apps in terms of beauty, simplicity, and functionality. I agree that the iPad app could use some improvements but Spotify is the company to beat right now on terms of streaming. Their iPhone iOS app is one of the most highly rated apps on the Apps store - and for good reason.

Why do you sound like Spotify rep?

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
iTunes Radio works in the UK on UK carriers if it is already set up in Australia.

I'm not sure what you can do with this information, but the service and content isn't geo blocked. Maybe you can just trick your iTunes account into thinking you're Australian?

Also, you're not missing much. Almost all songs are 6 months old at least and there is a very limited selection of music.

It's not the geographical location that matters with Apple's digital media offerings, its the payment information associated with an AppleID. You need an Australian (or US) credit card (or gift card) to create an 'Australian AppleID'. With that ID you can then access the iTunes universe from anywhere (well unless third-parties put up roadblocks like China might do). Technically, you also need to be a resident, I think, which means you need an address in the respective country but that address is never verified so it can be bogus (well, to be safe it probably doesn't hurt to use a real address but nothing is ever send by physical mail and thus you definitely don't need to life there).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.