Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dakota747

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Utah
I'll get beats music once they offer a student discount for unlimited steaming for $5 like Spotify

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Bookmarking this thread to paste in response to the next

"Why, whenever there is a picture of a new female hire, do all of the comments focus on her appearance. This wouldn't happen if it was a man!.. "

post i see on here

johncocktosen

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Brooklyn
I'm going to go ahead and give tim cook credit for realizing that iTunes radio is a total piece of cheap puke junk and to call in some pros. The price may be a bit high but id like to see what he makes of this.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Personally, I think the integration of a streaming service into Apple's ecosystem is intriguing. The ability to use Siri to search for any album or Artist would be great for using in the car (iTunes Match already has the feature). I would also like some sort of Desktop app, even if it is merged into iTunes. Using an updated Remote app for iTunes to play everything (my catalog and the Beats catalog) would be great.

I was on MOG and missed many of their features when Beats took over, but I think the buyout put their updates on hold....which is why I am using Spotify now. ( would switch to RDio if they had 320k already).

dxstewart

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
Reading through all these Apple/Beats comments, I'm curious to see what they end up doing. I'm on iTunes Radio every now and then. I'm on a free six month trial of Spotify Premium and love it. I'll see what's up with iTunes when the trial ends.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Yeah and the reports say 40 per cent of their workforce is now out of a job

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
The insanity….Steve Jobs would have never approved of this. I believe the quote was something to the effect of "people want to own their songs"

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Steve was wrong.

Why was he wrong….I certainly want to own my own songs. I have been buying my own songs for 99 cents for about 10 years now. I love the model. My 160g iPod Classic is about only 2/3 filled, and I intend to buy more songs for 99 cents to constantly fill it up more. Always in my pocket. That was the original vision of iTunes&ipod. I don't understand where and why it has gone so awry

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Talk about failing upwards. Topspin was one of the most overhyped, overpriced pieces of crap in the digital music space, and Beats Music has barely moved the needle either. But Ian's always been good at doing presentations and spinning ******** in a good natured way

You think this is failing upward, there was an inner circle of NeXT folks that followed Steve into Apple after screwing up the NeXTstation launch and promotion. The justification is learning from the failures makes you the most successful if no one has dominated.

Now time for spotting him along the Stevens Creek lunch circuit.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Now time for spotting him along the Stevens Creek lunch circuit.

I know this is way off topic, but are you referring to the Stevens Creek trail? If so, I run this trail every other day, and I didn't know anyone of popularity was on it. Forgive me if I'm way off.

buzzardo

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2001
Make iTunes like the Beats Music app and it will crash every time it's launched.

rish

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2006
London UK
Steve was wrong.

No Steve was right for those who do want to own their music purchases.

He was only wrong about those happy to pay anything above £10 per month to stream music and at the end of agreement lose access to that music.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
No Steve was right for those who do want to own their music purchases.

He was only wrong about those happy to pay anything above £10 per month to stream music and at the end of agreement lose access to that music.

Yeah well there's a lot of people who would prefer instant access to whatever they want to hear without having to buy it. I'll pay $120/yr for that and only buy classic albums that I'd want to keep forever. Obviously someone like Jimmy Iovine agrees as Beats Music went the rental route.

----------

I'm going to go ahead and give tim cook credit for realizing that iTunes radio is a total piece of cheap puke junk and to call in some pros. The price may be a bit high but id like to see what he makes of this.

Cue has too much on his plate IMO. Give iTunes, AppStore and Apple TV to someone else and let him run iCloud, Maps and Siri. Both of those are full time jobs.

nando87

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2014
Why was he wrong….I certainly want to own my own songs. I have been buying my own songs for 99 cents for about 10 years now. I love the model. My 160g iPod Classic is about only 2/3 filled, and I intend to buy more songs for 99 cents to constantly fill it up more. Always in my pocket. That was the original vision of iTunes&ipod. I don't understand where and why it has gone so awry

Who cares about you, it's obvious that iTunes sales are going down and Spotify is growing like crazy.

dragon3

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2014
what is wrong with Apple to do this !???

What a shame for Apple to be behind this crappy product, those headphones !!!

nando87

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2014
What a shame for Apple to be behind this crappy product, those headphones !!!

Mustache_0006_ned_flanders.jpg

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Personally, I think the integration of a streaming service into Apple's ecosystem is intriguing. The ability to use Siri to search for any album or Artist would be great for using in the car (iTunes Match already has the feature). I would also like some sort of Desktop app, even if it is merged into iTunes. Using an updated Remote app for iTunes to play everything (my catalog and the Beats catalog) would be great.

I was on MOG and missed many of their features when Beats took over, but I think the buyout put their updates on hold....which is why I am using Spotify now. ( would switch to RDio if they had 320k already).

I also had a MOG subscription, and I tried Beats for a month or so after they took over. The Beats web app was - and is - horrible compared to MOG, so I canceled.
I hope Apple recognizes this and does something about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.