Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skimamm0th

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
So long story short, I received my iPhone 7 plus on Monday and immediately put it in an otter box. I took It out of my case yesterday after biking to make sure no dirt was in it and it was BENT pretty badly. Does anybody have any advice on how to go about getting a replacement without using one of my replacements on apple care and spending another $100. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

skimamm0th

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I will try to get them up but my only camera is the bent phone haha
[doublepost=1475675423][/doublepost]
Photo on 10-5-16 at 9.48 AM.jpg
Photo on 10-5-16 at 9.49 AM.jpg

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
So long story short, I received my iPhone 7 plus on Monday and immediately put it in an otter box. I took It out of my case yesterday after biking to make sure no dirt was in it and it was BENT pretty badly. Does anybody have any advice on how to go about getting a replacement without using one of my replacements on apple care and spending another $100. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I have heard of the Geeks just handing someone a new phone before and other times where they asked you to buy AC+ so they could replace it under warranty. But they will likely notice that you have AC+ and want you to use it.

Now you are wanting to know to get the phone you bent replaced free and not even use your AC+?o_O

skimamm0th

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I have heard of the Geeks just handing someone a new phone before and other times where they asked you to buy AC+ so they could replace it under warranty.
Now you are wanting to know to get the phone you bent replaced free and not even use your AC+?o_O

Yes I would rather not use one of my replacements 2 days into having the phone. So you think it just depends on what Genius I get?

skimamm0th

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I just wouldn't expect a brand new phone 700$ phone to bend so easily, an I know that apple replaced some bent iPhone 6 for free when they were bending.

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

b00st4ddicted

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
I had a bent iPhone and it was always in my front pocket. Took it to the Apple store and they replaced it for free. Good luck!

shez

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2015
Let me guess - you had it in a pocket while you were biking?

Perhaps take better care of it then. I hope they laugh at you when you ask for a free replacement.

LMAO. Legend.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Did you sit on the phone while biking? how else would it bend like that? you must have had it in the back pocket and sat on it

Reactions: Newtons Apple

skimamm0th

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Let me guess - you had it in a pocket while you were biking?

Perhaps take better care of it then. I hope they laugh at you when you ask for a free replacement.

What is the point of having a phone if you aren't going to use it to its all potential. For example, seeing the distance and and elevation gain when I ride a bike. Using it for that doesn't seem too outrageous to me.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Only when carried in your pocket. I bike with my 7 Plus but have a little pouch to put it in.
You should be able to keep a phone in your pocket. That said I'm not sure how it was able to bend that much in a case, my guess is it had nothing to do with being in the OP's pocket and it has a lot more to do with it being improperly removed from the case.

skimamm0th

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Just a bit of entitlement, eh?

You should work on selling the act a little harder. Even in text it shows through that you know you messed it up.

Pretty fitting name, Im sure people love having you around. The only reason I posted a thread was to hear other peoples experiences with exchanging a bent phone. Yes I did make a mistake, but that doesn't mean that I can't try to find the best and cheapest way to fix it.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
A phone shouldn't bend, but nothing is indestructible.

If the phone was in his back pocket, and he was legit biking, it wouldn't just be the weight on his body applied to the iPhone against the seat. Your bum flexes, and is capable of producing a large amount of force. His phone would of been subjected to that as well,

Live and learn OP. Play dumb, don't admit you know how you bent it. You might get it replaced for free. But realize that it most likely was you mistake, so be ready to pony up. Good luc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.