Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christarp

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2013
I have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon...=1-1&keywords=harmon+kardon+bluetooth+speaker

Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio with the rechargeable battery. It's sort of expensive, but it is by far the best sounding speaker I've ever had. It goes quite loud without any distortion, and sounds so nice compared to most everything else I've tried.

Downsides are no line in (aux) input, so it's bluetooth only, and only lasts about 5 hours on a charge. This is definitely my favorite speaker by far though, and well worth the $199 IMO.

nbourbaki

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
CVG, CPH, BOS
I have too many Bluetooth speakers. Everything from the Logitech Mini-Boom to a Peachtree Deepblue2.

For short business trips my favorite BT speaker is the Denon Envaya Mini DSB100. It's really amazing for the size how good this speaker sounds.

For longer term engagements, I bring my Denon Envaya DSB200. If I'm going to be working in a city for 6 months I bring my Peachtree and leave it at the hotel.

I used to think my Bose Soundlink Mini sounded good, but it no where as good as the Envaya Mini.

clavinetjunkie has a number of youtube videos that has comparisions between different BT speakers.

striders

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
What I really ant to know is which of these Bluetooth speaker can REMEMBER multiple devices.

More often than not, ONE Bluetooth speaker will be used by 2 or more devices, like iPhone and iPad. If the Bluetooth speaker does not have a memory function, you will have to go through the pairing setup again every time you switch device.

The Bose Soundlink have a memory feature and it will remember up to 6 devices. It's expensive, but I tried pairing it with my MacBook Pro, Windows 7, iPad and iPhone and it works. When I am on my desk, it connect to my MacBook Pro. When I am away from my MacBook, it connects to my iPhone (or iPad if I am playing games).

Bananas Ananas

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Massachusetts
I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker, mostly for movie watching while traveling as the sound out of an iPad is not really great for that. I've seen tons of speakers out there. But I can't find any real user reviews, does anyone have experience with the Jawbone mini or micro, the JBL Charge or the Lowdi?

Or is there a better one?

I do not have experience with the speakers mentioned in your post. I have had Jawbone Big Jambox and can say that it had pretty good sound and friendly user interface. However, it wasn't worth the price it cost at that time.

Currently I'm using Bose Soundlink Color and am very happy with it. Sound is alright and dialogue is very clear when I use it for watching TV Shows. Music sound quality is satisfactory as well. What I like most in this speaker is that it is pretty sturdy and very portable. You won't get very strong bass out of an unit of this size, but I doubt the speaker would disappoint anyone with realistic expectations. Using the speaker is very easy and you can pair 2 bluetooth devices at once and it has 3.5mm input as well. I have not measured exactly how long the battery lasts, but it seems to last very long. I would expect you to get at least 6 hour of movie audio with a single charge even with high volumes.

SurajP

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
Buy Oontz Portable Speaker by Cambridge Soundworks

61bLsRXg9wL._SL1001_.jpg

I really like the OontZ Portable Bluetooth speaker by Cambridge Soundworks to bring around. You can operate it with your smartphone within 30 feet Bluetooth range, and it will provide you a seamless stream. It comes with excellent sound quality, battery life, and outstanding bass performance. Some of other good recommendations I came across when I was looking around.

If the price tag is the primary thing then you have to take a look at these best bluetooth speakers under $50.

Last edited:

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Buy Oontz Portable Speaker by Cambridge Soundworks

61bLsRXg9wL._SL1001_.jpg

I really like the OontZ Portable Bluetooth speaker by Cambridge Soundworks to bring around. You can operate it with your smartphone within 30 feet Bluetooth range, and it will provide you a seamless stream. It comes with excellent sound quality, battery life, and outstanding bass performance. Some of other good recommendations I came across when I was looking around.
[doublepost=1512753839][/doublepost]Good to hear. I just bought 6 as Christmas presents for my neices.

Reactions: SurajP

cargobrian

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2015
Long Island NY
I have the following in our household:
JBL Charge
Bose Soundlink (big one)
Bose mini
Bose Micro
Bose Revolve

Everyone of them are great and have no issues with any of them (Knock on wood)

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
I have the following in our household:
JBL Charge
Bose Soundlink (big one)
Bose mini
Bose Micro
Bose Revolve

Everyone of them are great and have no issues with any of them (Knock on wood)

Come on, you gotta have ONE you prefer, like better, easier to use, sounds better. You have to have one out of the bunch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.