Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Truth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
at my wits end (in Australia)
I need help choosing a console. I'm not a serious gamer, it will only ever be used for multiplayer when I have friends over and we're just mucking around and drinking. What console and which games would be best?

Richard Richard

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
London
the Wii would be ideal for a drunk - alot of movement with the hands and feet, and when you get mad with it you can lob the controller at the nearest wall for a satisfying smashing experiance :D

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I suspect a Wii could be very entertaining, what with all those drunken limbs flailing about. Mind, it could be a little dangerous too, what with all those drunken limbs flailing about.

Still, what are a few knocked-out teeth between friends? ;)

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
I cannot understate how much fun it is having a bunch of friends over to my dorm to play wii tennis and bowling, completely inebriated. ;)

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005

Coming from the person that doesn't drink thats great that you respond!

I'm usually playing my PS3 when drunk. A nice online game of Resistance or RB6 while drunk is great, plus killin teh Riggz is all that more fun while drunk :p

I've played Paper Mario a few times while drunk, Wii sports was nil fun while drunk, and Mario Party was slightly amusing.

Online games are fun while drunk, something that the Wii seriously lacks.

Ed

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Are you talking only of current consoles? Or are you looking to get something through eBay?

I would have to unfortunately say Wii if you are only talking about current consoles.

I say unfortunately because I could see alot of bad coming from flailing drunk arms about. People getting hit, Wii-motes flying through the air, through windows or TV screens...Could be bad.

Also be careful if you guys are drinking and playing any Wii sports title right in front of a coffee table or something. I haven't had any drinks knocked over yet but I did have a buddy send a large bowl of chips sailing across the room when playing Wii bowling...I was still finding chips behind the TV 3 months later.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Wii would probably be the best because of all the movement. However, Geometry Wars on the 360 would be pretty interesting too, with all the trippy-ness and flashing colors. There's a Wii version coming later, too, and probably requires less motor control.

But I've never been drunk (by choice, not lack of opportunity), so I really don't know what is fun while drunk. Meh.

thegreatunknown

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
Coming from the person that doesn't drink thats great that you respond!

I'm usually playing my PS3 when drunk. A nice online game of Resistance or RB6 while drunk is great, plus killin teh Riggz is all that more fun while drunk :p

I've played Paper Mario a few times while drunk, Wii sports was nil fun while drunk, and Mario Party was slightly amusing.

Online games are fun while drunk, something that the Wii seriously lacks.

Ed

being a little intoxicated make games quite fun... no online on the wii makes it that much better because you have to be drinking and playing WITH people in the same house. Watching eachother playing the wii is the best part about it.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
"Get Smashed Bro":

Play a smash bros: melee game with like 40 lives for each character, and drink (or take a shot :eek:) every time you get killed. Twice for suicides (optional).

You'll wake up the next morning (afternoon) in front of your cube with a controller in your hand, guaranteed.

ChrisK018

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
Washington, DC
Drunk.. and getting online? To play other drunks? That does not make sense to me (of course I'm currently sober).

In a room with drunk pals-- Wii all the way.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
definitely wii. In terms of games, i'd stick with wii sports and wario ware smooth moves...both ridiculously fun when drunk, in fact, I played the latter drunk with some friends last night...hilarious times!!

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
GameCube, and, I guess now, Wii - anything that can play SSMB wins instantly.

As for the best to play to be the best when drunk, a mate of mine seems to get even better at Halo 2 after a few pints (doesn't seem to work so well on Gears, though :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.