Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericsthename

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2005
Vancouver BC
Well, I'd beg to differ that there is no debate here except for the fact that the OP stated that they're not a hardcore gamer. Since the system will likely only be used for a couple games here and there, the Wii is probably best - still I'll give my 2 cents.

While the wii is great for involving people - girls mostly - that you want to get involved (especially when drinking), some of the most fun I've had with the other gamers is online xbox live while drunk.

In my opinion it all depends on who you're drinking with... if you're a gamer, then fragging people in Gears, Halo 3 (beta was fun), Perfect Dark Zero even has been pretty awesome for me.

But there's no denying it, its still fun to play wiisports with a few chicks who otherwise wouldn't touch a controller. The downside is, you still have to treat them like you would on a normal system, since just because they'll pick up the controller doesn't mean theyre competitive...

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Gamecube - Super Monkey Ball 2

Rich.

I second the GameCube. Cheap system and games, for one. Even at $250 the Wii is pretty pricey for something that won't get much use. Super Monkey Ball 2 is great fun with friends while drinking, Mario Party 7 (with the mic) is great for drunks, Mario Kart is classic drunken party game... I'm probably forgetting a few really good ones, but those three are really the best party games for any situation.

Oh, WarioWare is probably a good drunk game, too.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Wii is fun but definitely dangerous. A friend of mine put his hand through a lightbulb playing Wii Tennis, totally sober.

I'd say N64. They're cheap so you don't cry when you break it and it has classic stand-bys like Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Wii. Just to watch people play tennis drunk would be worth it. :p

Actually the Gamecube wouldn't be bad. Or even a PS2.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
In my opinion it all depends on who you're drinking with... if you're a gamer, then fragging people in Gears, Halo 3 (beta was fun), Perfect Dark Zero even has been pretty awesome for me.

the best shooter played drunk is Unreal Tournament by far

on topic:
wii is very likely the best choice since you can get most party games for 4 players

or old gamecube where i secodn the choice of super moneky ball 2 ... god the flying mini game is so addicting

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Meh, drunk CS:S is the bomb diggity. Beat that.

cs:s has no everybody for himself deathmatch
also cs:s has no ridiculous over the top weapons (bio rifle anyone) which are simply more fun drunk

and actually some people can play UT better when drunk because it's more forgiving

at least for LANs.. perhaps when playing alone over the internet it might be better

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Wii probably but I would have to also say 360 with Halo. Nothing beats playing Halo 2 drunk online with random people.

Guitar Hero II is also fun drunk.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
cs:s has no everybody for himself deathmatch
also cs:s has no ridiculous over the top weapons (bio rifle anyone) which are simply more fun drunk

and actually some people can play UT better when drunk because it's more forgiving

at least for LANs.. perhaps when playing alone over the internet it might be better

CS:S Deathmatches are common, man, theyre all over the place. The best drunk cs:s game is turbo gun game, reverse style.

Maybe it is more fun for me because I play seriously all the time, unless I am drunk, in which case I can just mess around.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
"Get Smashed Bro":

Play a smash bros: melee game with like 40 lives for each character, and drink (or take a shot :eek:) every time you get killed. Twice for suicides (optional).

You'll wake up the next morning (afternoon) in front of your cube with a controller in your hand, guaranteed.

I dont drink. But just the fact of that is scary!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.