Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conman16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Ok I'm looking for a case for my new 3gs I'm getting... Couple things I'm looking for:
1) I DO NOT want a silicone or rubber case that is difficult to get out of my pocket. I want it to slide out very easily
2) I want a very thin case, no screen protector neccesary
3) I'm also do not want buttons to be difficult to push. If buttons take effort to use, I do not like the case

Can anyone help me out please?

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
I'm really stuck between the feather vs the reveal.

The youtube (posted above) said he will do a comparison video soon.

I'm lightweight leaning more to the reveal due to the clear back (my iPhone 3G will be white), but the price of the feather is very attractive as well.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
I want the reveal case but cannot buy it in the UK :mad:

I want to know if the rubber around the side covers the bezel and whether there is any hang when taking it in and out of your pocket...i wish it was a little thinner!

I am the same I want a thin plastic case that will show my white iPhone and protect the bezel.

Any other ideas?

James82

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I want the reveal case but cannot buy it in the UK :mad:

I want to know if the rubber around the side covers the bezel and whether there is any hang when taking it in and out of your pocket...i wish it was a little thinner!

I am the same I want a thin plastic case that will show my white iPhone and protect the bezel.

Any other ideas?

If you google (sorry I can't post links yet) this case and carphone warehouse there is an article that says they should be stocking it on 30th June for about £19.00. Also Apple store seems to stock a lot of Griffin cases, so I think they will probably have it later too once Griffin starts shipping it to the UK.

I am going to get this case and my Best Skins Ever shield arrived in the post today. I just need to order the iPhone now....roll on Friday!

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
If you google (sorry I can't post links yet) this case and carphone warehouse there is an article that says they should be stocking it on 30th June for about £19.00. Also Apple store seems to stock a lot of Griffin cases, so I think they will probably have it later too once Griffin starts shipping it to the UK.

I am going to get this case and my Best Skins Ever shield arrived in the post today. I just need to order the iPhone now....roll on Friday!

I am just concerned about the bezel still being on show and if the rubber enge peels back when you take it in and out of your pocket

:confused:

There must be a case that is thin, clear, plastic that will cover the bezel and be cheap?

conman16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
ok I think I've lowered it down to a few cases (my worries about the case in parenthases):
Incipio feather (does it protect the bezel?)
Griffin reveal (does it protect the bezel? And I want more reviews)
iSkin Solo (are the buttons covered up-sleep/wake and volume-hard to use?)
Ultra-case (I really haven't been able to find even one review)

Anyone have opinions on these cases?

musashino

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2008
ok I think I've lowered it down to a few cases (my worries about the case in parenthases):
Incipio feather (does it protect the bezel?)
Griffin reveal (does it protect the bezel? And I want more reviews)
iSkin Solo (are the buttons covered up-sleep/wake and volume-hard to use?)
Ultra-case (I really haven't been able to find even one review)

Anyone have opinions on these cases?

take a look at the power support air jacket. feather or air jacket would be the best for you. good luck!

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
new youtube video compared the speck, the reveal, and the feather

this guy is awesome

houdinize

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
any of those snap on cases get dirt inside and scratch the back or scratch the bezel when taken off or put on. I have one on my first gen and my wife has the power support jacket for 3G. some try to remedy this with rubber or logo screens but it is bound to happen. But, they are thin.

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
incipio hands down...no and's but's about it!

the sgpstore is the dumbest case ever...a circle on the back to show the apple symbol but yet it will let dirt/dust/etc get in! :mad:

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Osir carbon fibre

120011a.jpg

120011b.jpg

120011d.jpg

dsn112

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
That osir is awesome, i have a few of there parts for my GTI and they are nice.

Anyone of these cases dockable?

conman16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
K now I've lowered it down to 2 possibilities:
1) iskin solo. I really like how it looks in pictures and how it seems to cover the bezel. However I am a little worried about the sleep/wake and volume rocker buttons being covered. Are they hard to push?
2) incipio feather. I like the cheaper price than the solo, and the thinness of it. However my worries are the fact that it doesn't look like it covers the bezel very well, and I'm not a big fan of how obvious the word "incipio" and the logo is on it.
Which case do u think is best and why?

UserLain

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Mesquite TX
I had the iskin solo on my 3g and it does feel a little firm on the sleep/wake button, as well as the volume, But its hardly noticable. I kind of liked it, It made it feel solid. I went through a lot of cases before I settled on the solo so I give it my seal of aproval. Also I drop my phone quite a bit and the solo took all of them in stride.

Does anybody have a pic of the Griffin Reveal on a white iphone? I would like to know what it looks like. Also does the feather work with the invisishield on the back?

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I had the iskin solo on my 3g and it does feel a little firm on the sleep/wake button, as well as the volume, But its hardly noticable. I kind of liked it, It made it feel solid. I went through a lot of cases before I settled on the solo so I give it my seal of aproval. Also I drop my phone quite a bit and the solo took all of them in stride.

Does anybody have a pic of the Griffin Reveal on a white iphone? I would like to know what it looks like. Also does the feather work with the invisishield on the back?

i have a iskin solo too and the sleep buton is covered but you can still feel it. Its nothing like the candyshell case. That one you just mash it hard and wait for it to press the button, it has no feeling at all.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
late to chime in here... I've got the Power Support Air Jacket - very thin - from the photo earlier in this thread of the Osir case, the Air Jacket looks to be about same thickness but it covers the bezel much more than the Osir one does.

it doesn't cover the bezel completely however - but certainly more than that other case in the photo. but not a big deal IMO.

there are no logos on the Power Support Air Jacket, and no big hole for the Apple logo like some of the others I've seen. switches all easily accessible.

the Air Jacket comes with both clear and matte screen protectors - IMO theirs are the easiest to put on first try without getting dust or bubbles underneath, plus they're easily removeable and can be just as easily reapplied. they're easy to apply because they're stiffer than others and don't require liquid application.

I used to use a silicone case but didn't like those because they didn't slide in/out of my pocket easily and were kind of bulky in comparison. the Air Jacket is perfect in this regard.

the one downside I'll mention is the matte black Air Jacket has a tendency for the color to slightly wear off at the edges - but just at the very edges, not on the back - mine is 9months old now and if you look closely at the very edges you can see this in some places. If you're not looking for this you can't really tell, it's minor. but the iPhone black plastic underneath looks brand new. there's a clear version as well if you prefer, obviously that one wouldn't have the color wear off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.