Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benfica88

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
In case anyone is wondering you can kinda fit a full body shield with the feather. I have a BSE and got it in. Although it kind of folded the bottom corners and I had to shove them in. It works but the bottom part of the skin is a little bit ruined. Also, the top stays in a bit more than the bottom because of the skin. It's pretty much jacked up in there but since I dont really plan on removing the case, this works for me.

conman16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Everyone, I ended up gettin a red iskin solo. So far I'm diggin it. Looks awesome and the chrome is completely covered. It does take a little massaging to get it to fit right, but whatever

adster

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
I just want to chime in about the Griffin Reveal. I tried to order one online, only to be told that they'd be out of stock until middle July, but that local Apple Store's should have it in stock - so off I went!

I picked up one locally for my 3GS and I LOVE it. I'm coming from an InCase Slider and I love the feel of the Reveal. It's so much smaller then the Slider that it feels like there is nothing on the phone. The sides are a rubbery type material that raise up over the screen which is good if the phone gets dropped and lands screen first. If you put the phone face down it will be resting completely on the rubber border of the case, which I like. The one problem with this is that if you hold the phone up to your ear a lot, the rubbery material could aggravate your ear, as it's not flush with the earpiece.

Overall, I love the Griffin Reveal!

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I just want to chime in about the Griffin Reveal. I tried to order one online, only to be told that they'd be out of stock until middle July, but that local Apple Store's should have it in stock - so off I went!

I picked up one locally for my 3GS and I LOVE it. I'm coming from an InCase Slider and I love the feel of the Reveal. It's so much smaller then the Slider that it feels like there is nothing on the phone. The sides are a rubbery type material that raise up over the screen which is good if the phone gets dropped and lands screen first. If you put the phone face down it will be resting completely on the rubber border of the case, which I like. The one problem with this is that if you hold the phone up to your ear a lot, the rubbery material could aggravate your ear, as it's not flush with the earpiece.

Overall, I love the Griffin Reveal!

Easy sliding in and out of your pants pockets? Are the rubber edges a lint collector?

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I went to AT&T store to figure out why I wasn't eligible for 'any' 3GS discount and they had the Feather case there for $5. It doesn't have the logo on it. Just clean. They were normally seeling for $25 so for $5 I bought all 6 but they only had white and actually, it looks nice.

Just saying if you like the Feather case and don't like logos all over it - try an AT&T store because it's apparently rebranded for them. With no brand on it. :) It DOES say Incipio on the inside of the case.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Does Best Buy sell the reveal case from Griffin? Reason I ask is because the Apple Store is downtown and a pain to park near. This Incase is just too clunky for my tastes on my 3GS, but I really want to give a case a try before going naked yet again.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I went to AT&T store to figure out why I wasn't eligible for 'any' 3GS discount and they had the Feather case there for $5. It doesn't have the logo on it. Just clean. They were normally seeling for $25 so for $5 I bought all 6 but they only had white and actually, it looks nice.

Just saying if you like the Feather case and don't like logos all over it - try an AT&T store because it's apparently rebranded for them. With no brand on it. :) It DOES say Incipio on the inside of the case.

Do they only have white? I did notice a few sellers on eBay selling the white one for really cheap recently.

marcfogel

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
Ok I'm looking for a case for my new 3gs I'm getting... Couple things I'm looking for:
1) I DO NOT want a silicone or rubber case that is difficult to get out of my pocket. I want it to slide out very easily
2) I want a very thin case, no screen protector neccesary
3) I'm also do not want buttons to be difficult to push. If buttons take effort to use, I do not like the case

Can anyone help me out please?

Incipio Feather - too much dust build-up (nice fit though)

Griffin Reveal - top loose and crap could easily get in from sliding in and out of pocket

Power Support - crap, too lose

My favorite - http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info...roducts_id/270

toxictrix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Texas
Get the feather! If you don't like the label on the back, the AT&T stores sell a matte white one without the logo. I actually got mine from there and it was on sale for $5!!!!! Awesome case.

Ben C.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
New England
Get the feather! If you don't like the label on the back, the AT&T stores sell a matte white one without the logo. I actually got mine from there and it was on sale for $5!!!!! Awesome case.
I love my Incipio Feather... I don't even know if I'll start using the Vaja when it shows up because this Feather has really grown on me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.