Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Oh my G-d, what have I done? I created a monster by starting this thread and diverted all your attention away from buying my car. But just incase you still want a piece of that M3, it's available here.

Why is someone with a low-mileage '03 Beemer for sale for $37k looking for free games? ;)

...thought I'd add Escape Velocity: Nova to this list. It's free for 30 days, which in my experience is all you'll need to extract the value out of it - looks great starting off (broad universe, missions, tech tree) but is surprisingly shallow once you finish a campaign or two. Play it hard for 30 days, enjoy it, and you probably won't want/need to buy more at the end of it.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Why is someone with a low-mileage '03 Beemer for sale for $37k looking for free games? ;)

...thought I'd add Escape Velocity: Nova to this list. It's free for 30 days, which in my experience is all you'll need to extract the value out of it - looks great starting off (broad universe, missions, tech tree) but is surprisingly shallow once you finish a campaign or two. Play it hard for 30 days, enjoy it, and you probably won't want/need to buy more at the end of it.

I failed to catch the irony when I posted, very funny. Well played!

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Presonally, I think Marathon is aweful. But that's just me.

I'm assuming you intentionally spelled that with an "e" to show that Marathon is definitely full of awe. Wonder, too. So Marathon is loaded with awe and wonder- just ask QuarterSwede!

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I mean other than the fact that it is one of the best basic original games that I think anyone who has ever played a video game has played at least once, Pac Man is so fun. I have been playing Pac The Man recently and like it a lot, but was wondering if there were any better versions out there, obviously also free?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Cave Story

http://satansam.co.uk/doukutsu.zip - I've already patched it for you guys :)

1699-3.jpg

One of the best games I've ever played, free or commercial.
Fantastic and memorable characters, possibly a little too linear, great music (it's on my iPod, the Outer Wall theme is just beautiful).

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2004
Cave Story

http://satansam.co.uk/doukutsu.zip - I've already patched it for you guys :)

1699-3.jpg

One of the best games I've ever played, free or commercial.
Fantastic and memorable characters, possibly a little too linear, great music (it's on my iPod, the Outer Wall theme is just beautiful).

Downloaded this, what are the keys? I'm probably just being thick but i can't figure it out at all :eek: looks pretty cool though.

torchwood04

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Enemy Territory (Return to Castle Wolfenstein modification)
Please note that Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is not a mod, but completely free and standalone to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

And, also, kudos to the person who gave the links to Pac the Man X, I'm downloading it now ;)

dubs

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
scorched is a classic :D

this was the first link that showed up in a google search.

didn't bother to search the other one tho ..

I just downloaded scorched, have the icon on my desktop, but it won't open, any suggestions?

Sorry, I'm a huge mac newbie just got my new mbp yesterday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.