Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFanBoy888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Hi there!

My wife currently has an iPhone 6 Plus and it is starting to show its age. I would like to upgrade her iPhone but I'm not sure what model I should get. I know that the iPhone 11 just came out but I think she does not all the bells and whistles. Her usage is calling, texting, facebook, banking apps, and camera. No games. Also, she would like it to last as long as possible.

Thank you!

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
The iPhone 11 will last a long time from now.

so I’d say iPhone 11. Or a iPhone XS if found for around $699 or less new

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
You really can't go wrong with any phone this year.. I'd go iPhone 11 Pro in between but then again have her look at the screens in person because she will love that big screen lol.. or maybe don't haha

sirghost

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
Hi there!

My wife currently has an iPhone 6 Plus and it is starting to show its age. I would like to upgrade her iPhone but I'm not sure what model I should get. I know that the iPhone 11 just came out but I think she does not all the bells and whistles. Her usage is calling, texting, facebook, banking apps, and camera. No games. Also, she would like it to last as long as possible.

Thank you!

The one that would be the best for her is the one she wants, not the one you want to get her.

My suggestion would be to ask her what she wants.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Hi there!

Thank you!
Make an iPhone date, and the two of you go to the Apple Store, so she can pick out her new phone. Afterward, dinner at a nice restaurant.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
iPhone 11 if she likes to take pictures. Otherwise just get the XR because the only important differences are better camera and one more hour of battery life.
The one that would be the best for her is the one she wants, not the one you want to get her.

While you're at it ask her what she wants for dinner ?

Reactions: newellj

thebeachbum

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Texas

Make an iPhone date, and the two of you go to the Apple Store, so she can pick out her new phone. Afterward, dinner at a nice restaurant.

The correct responses to your question. I will add the only correct responses.

• Haha
Reactions: russell_314

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
iPhone 11 64gb at $650 is the phone for her. 4gb ram. A13. Same camera as iPhone pro minus the telephoto (which she doesn’t have in the iPhone 6 Plus)

it will be a little bit of downsize in screen real estate as the 5.5 inch no notch iPhone plus are still technically the biggest screen phones Apple makes. The 6.5 in max/pro max is equivalent to 5.45 inch no not phone.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
iPhone 11 128 GB is $750. I would get that for her. It's new and will be supported for a very long time and the 128 GB model is a future proof amount of space.

If size is a concern, she's your wife, so I would go with a 128 GB iPhone 11 Pro (that's what my wife went with).

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Two things:

What does your wife think of Face ID? Does she prefer the form factor of the 6 Plus and Touch ID? Which another great buy would be the iPhone 8 Plus, being it’s discounted and should see iOS support up to iOS 16. If the iPhone 8 Plus is not of interest, then definitely look at the 2018 XR, discounted and also vastly similar to the successor to the iPhone 11.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I don’t know why people even suggest iPhone XR when the price difference to the iPhone 11 64gb is minimal. Women. At least most women I know including my wife. Love taking pics. And the iPhone 11 has night sight and better camera than iPhone XR.

for $50 more.Getting better night camera. Better selfie camera. 4gb ram.

no brainer. $650 iPhone 11 64gb base model.

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Hi there!

Thank you!
why don't you ask her ?? I'm sure she has a voice

Reactions: WingsAndBeer

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
Hi there!

Thank you!

11 Pro and you will see she starts to love you.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
So many presumptuous responses in here. Maybe he already checked with his wife and she asked him to do the research or gave him the ol' "I don't care" and he wants to make sure she's getting the best experience for the money.

The above described is my wife so when she needed an upgrade from her 6 I got her the 8 and she's been very happy with it.

Last edited:

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
the only thing she wanted was that it last as long as possible, you only have one option then, the latest (11)

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
I know that the iPhone 11 just came out but I think she does not all the bells and whistles. Her usage is calling, texting, facebook, banking apps, and camera. No games. Also, she would like it to last as long as possible.
The iphone 11 has a great camera and battery life, which are both priorities for her. You say she doesn't need bells and whistles, but it sounds like she uses the phone pretty heavily, and the 11 would work well for her needs.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Hi there!

Thank you!

Sure she is talking about the phone? ?

• Haha

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona

Exactly what I was going to say. Why are you asking a bunch of strangers, instead of asking her? Why can't she make her own decision on what phone she wants?

Reactions: Guacamole

JamieLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2016
Hi there!

Thank you!

If she likes it to last a long time, can do anything she wants, more bang for the buck, thick and big, that can go all the way and satisfy her completely, you gotta go max!

Once you go max you can never go back!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.