Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nanderson97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Hey, I am getting a new iPod touch soon and I was wondering what some of the best screen protectors are.

I would prefer one that just covers the screen but I guess I could get one that covers the whole front if necessary.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

TheRock88

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2009
I'd recommend either SGP Steinheil or Power Support. I had an anti-glare Power support film on my 2g Touch and it was really good. For my 4g I went with the SGP Oleophobic because I didnt want a degradation in the Retina display and it's been really good so far. Dont have any problems with dust or fingerprints as long as I have a cleaning cloth with me. They're both around the same price ($13-15) too.

anmak

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2010
Usually I use Luxmo Pre-Cut Screen Protector for my ipod touch, It is really nice and great quality, Long lasting product and also it is available in Mirror effect as well. Super clear and high quality material, I never use other one. This is the proper one and give crystal clear result.

caribou123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
The best screen protector is that is the invisible shield, which was very thin and not seen by in a minute. It was the flat and it cover the entire iphone so which it was not scratched. It was strong and durable and it was produced by the zagg. This invisible shield protector in soft but tough and easy stick to your handset by using a liquid spray.

I strongly disagree. I have read several reviews, which I agree with, about the invisible shield. First, compared to others, it is more visible (bad). This is partly due to it being thicker than others, which is great for protection, but bad for screen viewing. To me it makes the screen less bright than competitors. In addition, do a search on "invisible shield orange peel" and you will read dozens of complaints about how the shield impacts visibility. Even more importantly, this is a touch screen. The invisible shield is MUCH less smooth to the touch (more friction) than most other screen protectors. This is going to be noticeable EVERY time you use it!

I have used invisible shield on non touch screen products and I am satisfied with it, but for an ipod touch it would be at the bottom of my list.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I strongly disagree. I have read several reviews, which I agree with, about the invisible shield. First, compared to others, it is more visible (bad). This is partly due to it being thicker than others, which is great for protection, but bad for screen viewing. To me it makes the screen less bright than competitors. In addition, do a search on "invisible shield orange peel" and you will read dozens of complaints about how the shield impacts visibility. Even more importantly, this is a touch screen. The invisible shield is MUCH less smooth to the touch (more friction) than most other screen protectors. This is going to be noticeable EVERY time you use it!

I have used invisible shield on non touch screen products and I am satisfied with it, but for an ipod touch it would be at the bottom of my list.

So what would be a good equivalent to the IS? I owned one on my old iPod Touch and loved it because it was easy to install, never pealed or bubbled and did a fantastic job at protecting the screen.

I'm looking to get a good screen protector for my 4th Gen. :D

EDIT: I'd also like to get one that can be used with a case so if you can recommend a screen protector and a case that both work well together that would be even better. ;)

KenIphone

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2011
Right now I'm using Belkin's new touch screen protector. Generally it's nice, and I'm satisfied with the performance. It has incredibly thin and clear overlay. Durable wise and effectively eliminates annoying fingerprints. It is very easy to apply and comes with quality cleaning cloth. But still you can try to explore at Boxwave.com

ShadowLinkx

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
Hey, I am getting a new iPod touch soon and I was wondering what some of the best screen protectors are.

I would prefer one that just covers the screen but I guess I could get one that covers the whole front if necessary.

I've been using Power Support Anti-Glare for 4G for almost a month (Got it on Dec. 14) and its been going very well, fingerprints were heavily reduced, glare is a thing of the past, and (So far) it hasn't worn or tear yet!
However there are a few cons to this shield, first off Retina Display has been reduced to Fuzziness Display, despite it's advertising for "HD Anti-Glare". I don't know if it's very scratch-resistant cause a few days ago I found a scratch on it (My fault since I put it in the same pocket were my keys were) but I'm not sure if its totally resistant to tough scratches, I need someone to confirm this, but so far that's it. However I recommend you get a screen protector immediately! The iPod Touch 4G is a fingerprint magnet both front and back. For me I support Power Support.

Last edited:

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
A friend of mine who lives in the US recommended Ghost Armor. The thing is he said where he lives there is a kiosk in the mall that he could purchase it from and that installed it for him. Where I live there is no such place so I would have to order online and pay a pretty pricey shipping fee for something as small as a screen protector.

Anyone here have a Ghost Armor or hear any comments about them?

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Also anyone here every tried a screen protector from BestSkinsEver.com? They seem to suggest you are getting a great quality product at a reduced price when compared to other companies like Zagg because they don't go all out with their packaging and marketing.

kazakh

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
Also anyone here every tried a screen protector from BestSkinsEver.com? They seem to suggest you are getting a great quality product at a reduced price when compared to other companies like Zagg because they don't go all out with their packaging and marketing.

I tried them on 3 phones. The reason why I bought them is that when I checked on here - many people seemed to like them. So I ordered - that was in October or so. Since then I took one off from my phone and had to replace it - the back just started peeling off and got a lot of lint under it.

Also, the screen part bubbles with PixelHD case on all three phones that we have.

BTW, the only reason why I found this thread now is that I was looking for older threads where people were recommending BestSkinsEver (I was wondering why did I buy it), since most people now recommend Power Support.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I tried them on 3 phones. The reason why I bought them is that when I checked on here - many people seemed to like them. So I ordered - that was in October or so. Since then I took one off from my phone and had to replace it - the back just started peeling off and got a lot of lint under it.

Also, the screen part bubbles with PixelHD case on all three phones that we have.

BTW, the only reason why I found this thread now is that I was looking for older threads where people were recommending BestSkinsEver (I was wondering why did I buy it), since most people now recommend Power Support.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll still off looking then, maybe I'll check our Power Support. ;)

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
My friend used the InvisibleShield and he said it was awful...

I have looked this up quite extensively. While I have yet to try any out, I have heard the best things about the SGP line. They have multiple versions including anti-fingerprint and anti-glare.

They're expensive, but it's my understanding that if you install it properly you won't need to replace it for a very long time.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4.html

On the bottom of the page there's the Incredible Shield series, the Steinheil EX series and the Steinheil Ultra series.

Hope this helps! :)

techheadkd

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2011
Australia

i have an extreme mac anti glare screen protector they are great they hve 4 layers for extra strength, give them a go you can get they from jb-hi-fi for around $15 FOR A PACK OF 3.
peace out:apple:

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
My friend used the InvisibleShield and he said it was awful...

I have looked this up quite extensively. While I have yet to try any out, I have heard the best things about the SGP line. They have multiple versions including anti-fingerprint and anti-glare.

They're expensive, but it's my understanding that if you install it properly you won't need to replace it for a very long time.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4.html

On the bottom of the page there's the Incredible Shield series, the Steinheil EX series and the Steinheil Ultra series.

Hope this helps! :)

Yeah, these are the best, InvisibleShield is horrible.

ImStrapped

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011

I've had InvisibleShield two times before and I really wouldn't recommend it.
While it gets the job done, it is a lot more visible than others ones and it can peel easily.

Worth spending the extra money and get a solid one.

david594

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
I'll throw my (diverging) opinion out there.

I've had an Invisible Shield from ZAGG on my 4th gen ipod touch since it was released. Prior to that I had a 3rd gen with nothing for cases/screen protectors.

If you look at the invisible shield on the device you can see that it was a bit of an orange peel texture to it. But this is only obvious when the screen is off. When its turned on you no longer notice it. I also have no complaints about how the touch display feels compared to just the plain screen.

Its been great, has held up fine, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another for future devices. No peeling at all with the screen protector. Although the maximum back cover has peeled a bit at the corners.

Kadaffie

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2011
USA
Hi... This is actually a very nice accessory...!It not only looks good but also it will protect your screen... I really liked it...! Thanks ....!!

Clint007

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
Montréal, PQ.
Sreen protector

It is very natural when someone buy a touch screen protection, they chose the best one. But if there is + 10 different brands, everybody will mention the one they bought.
We need a kind of opinions from deep test they made. A kind of consumer report. With all the suggestions posted, I still don't know witch is the best one.:confused:

Now, what about protecting the lenses on those same iPod, iPad, iPhone...!!

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
get the cheap ebay protectors. Some are 6 x $0.99. When one gets scratched, put on another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.