Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
get the cheap ebay protectors. Some are 6 x $0.99. When one gets scratched, put on another.

0.17 cents per screen protector that lasts a month or two, 14.99 invisible shield that lasts a year.

eBay solution : about 3 dollars a year
Invisible Shield: about 15 dollars a year.

Takoda

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Personally, I use the Griffen Survivor. It's not just a screen protector though, it's a whole case, and an awesome one at that. It has a wonderful design, with amazing military-grade performance/construction. I don't know if you would be interested though, if you're only looking for a screen protector. It is an amazing case though, and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking to buy, or that already owns an iPod Touch.

littleblack

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
No attitude, just surprised that a question like this would come up. Yes, all screen protectors are "compatible" with the retina display. Keep in mind, that some anti-glares fuzz up the display.

No worries. I've just been reading on the forums about some protectors having a negative impact on the clarity of the screen. I'm going to try the Power Support Crystal first, then go from there.

littleblack

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
unimpressed

I'm not at all impressed with the Power Support Crystal. The screens were dirty, and then it's impossible to remove all of the air bubbles. Trying to do so scratches the screen. $16 for two screens! Next time I'll go cheaper.
Let me know your suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.