Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Kind of depends what you will use it for. For example, some offer key markdown features, which could be important.

Still others make it easier for you to simply focus on the writing, free from various technical considerations like markdown.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
My favourite is the basic version of iA Writer ... Very simple with excellent Dropbox integration.

Ulysses for markdown and syncs with Mac version.

Reactions: fanta88

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I love Ulysses too, but it's the most expensive of the main writing apps (Editorial, Byword, iA Writer, etc.) at $20. I think it's worth it because of its features (markdown support, a multitude of export formats, collation of notes into one document, etc.), but if you don't need those options it might not be worth it. It does sync with the Mac app well, but that's another $45.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
What is it that makes people feel they need to voice negative views on the Pro???? It's the most bizarre thing lately that people feela need or get a free pass to chime in and tell you their disapproval. It's rude and juvenile. If I want to plop down $1k on the fastest tablet available, that's my business.

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
kinda like saying its even better on the IPP - kinda unrelated..and juvenile?
its like someones trying to justify something, rather than just answering a question..

Themoth

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
IL
its like someones trying to justify something, rather than just answering a question..
Better on the IPP is obvious but I'll clarify for you seeing your missed the obvious point. It's bigger, faster and multitask is improved.. Hope that helps, as far as your juvenile comments I have to look at the source and no need to react to such an insecure comment.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
You're on an iPad forum, it's totally appropriate.

Reactions: Themoth

Themoth

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
IL
What is it that makes people feel they need to voice negative views on the Pro???? It's the most bizarre thing lately that people feela need or get a free pass to chime in and tell you their disapproval. It's rude and juvenile. If I want to plop down $1k on the fastest tablet available, that's my business.
One tends to knock what they don't have to allow themselves to feel better about their current situation. These individuals will always remain trolling forums

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
Why is it any different?
It's not better on the pro vs pad - what you are talking about is "subjective" remember that.
if mobility is key hows the size of the IPP a plus? The iOS version has the SAME functionality regardless of device as it stands now.

And in terms of being on the pad forum, well word is better on a full blown computer so its the same difference!!!
Geez, one rule and one vision, and it has to be "mine" it appears is the mantra of certain owners who feel they must defend their latest purchase!

bnmcj1

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2014
Depends on your needs I guess. Some would say the opposite

It would be impossible for me to make a thesis on an iPad. No app would allow that kind of customisation. Also it would be too cumbersome to lift the arm and scroll through it.

It is like people want it to replace something it can't. I guess people can get used to even the most ineffective ways of working. iPad is the worst productivity experience you could get in most cases. But most people are fine with it.

Reactions: AFEPPL
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.