Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

NLLV

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
WHERE’s MY UPDATE ITS TIME!!!!

lol 😂

Honestly, I am new to iOS updates, at least really actually CARING about them. My first two iPhones were already on the latest version, so I am going into settings and looking, and thinking "I thought apple did these all the same for all devices same time...?"

Reactions: JM

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Honestly, I am new to iOS updates, at least really actually CARING about them. My first two iPhones were already on the latest version, so I am going into settings and looking, and thinking "I thought apple did these all the same for all devices same time...?"
They “do”. But it’s entirely possible they stagger so it doesn’t overload their systems.

I’m not actually concerned. Just funny cause it’s exactly time for the release according to normal release schedule and there’s surely some who will be expecting the update like NOW now. Gimme. Haha

NLLV

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
They “do”. But it’s entirely possible they stagger so it doesn’t overload their systems.

I’m not actually concerned. Just funny cause it’s exactly time for the release according to normal release schedule and there’s surely some who will be expecting the update like NOW now. Gimme. Haha

I guess it is in the wild for some, not all. I figured that being in Nevada, close to Cupertino, I would have first dibs ha.

• Haha
Reactions: JM

pugalenthi28

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
Its out now. I can see it on my phone also there was a iOS 15.7 released at the same time along with iOS 16

gower2352

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
I’m on the public etc and my update was below in the Also Available. Updating now!

NLLV

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
I am downloading it now.
oh, nevermind. it is 15.7 for some reason.
I am in PDT timezone, if anyone is curious. Southwerstern USA.

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
Right here we go. Says 11 minutes to go. No doubt in two hours time it will be saying 12 minutes.

NLLV

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
Is there not an option underneath that says iOS 16 is also available?

Not in my case, unfortunately. Now I am stuck installing this one because admittedly this is my first major iOS release... and I am stuck in "preparing update" mode now for a bit.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Downloaded the RC Build (20A362) a few days ago and took the Beta Testing profile off of my phone after that.

Does anyone know if people with the RC build will also receive a software update today with the general public or is that not the case?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Downloaded the RC Build (20A362) a few days ago and took the Beta Testing profile off of my phone after that.

Does anyone know if people with the RC build will also receive a software update today with the general public or is that not the case?
Wondering the same thing, update didn’t pop up for me.

Reactions: Pilot Jones

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013

Since the publicly released software today is identical to that released as the Release Candidate, you will not receive an update if you were already on the Release Candidate.

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
Anyone know what happens to all the photos that were put into iCloud shared library while it was activated during the beta should one decide to quit the public beta programme and go with the official releases from now on..?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
All: this thread is only intended to capture the release dates of the various betas and publicly released software. Please keep discussion about when things will/may be released to the speculation thread and substantive comments about the software to the appropriate discussion thread. Thanks!

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
So is RC and official one the same? same features and performance? also when I get the iPhone 14 and do restore from back up ( from a 13 with RC version) will I have any issues ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.