Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I'm kinda not liking the robotics sounds and not so cute comments that Carrot Weather uses to tell me about the weather. IMO it's too childish. Any other suggestions? I don't want any monthly or yearly subscriptions but I am fine paying once for a good Weather app.

As also other people said here you can turn off the comments and sounds which I also did. I'm not fan of the UI of the widget and sure hope it will add the features Partly Sunny and BeWeather 3 have in their widgets such as % and mm of rain for upcoming hours and days. At first I also wanted to have a subscription on a weather app but in the end I tested them all and the source reliability is worth the subscription which is not much per year but I totally get your reasoning. BeWeather 3 might be a good option for you although it only has the source DarkSky so not sure how that is for you as a source where you live? For me it's not reliable unfortunately. I used to use BeWeather 2 in the past and loved it but they had to switch weather sources since an API was stopped and they had to switch weather source.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.