Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjamin831

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2013
Yours does look a little funny, looking at mine now it is a little bit blurry as well, but not as bad as yours:

Yeah, yours is kinda blurry too. We definitely have the same problem, I guess the app isn't fully optimized for Retina displays.

Typineer

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
So is the free black no-reflection version up yet? Or at least has there been any news on this?

I believe it's been incorporated into the latest version of DockMod—in the Actions menu you can toggle "Free Mode" which I assume is not time-limited.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
I'm not happy about how shady this developer is. Absolutely no way to contact him, really? That sure instills confidence in me investing in his product. I never purchase anything from a company I can't contact or get customer service from.

Plus I see nothing about if this app will continue to be developed with Mavericks. Real comforting.

He promised always keeping the free black dock, but removed features and added a stupid "DockMod Free Mode" text to the dock titles. Really dude, this is how you inspire people to buy your app? Why not keep it how you promised?

This could have been a great app, but the dev really killed this one. I'll pass unless something drastic changes with the way he handles things.

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
I'm not happy about how shady this developer is. Absolutely no way to contact him, really? That sure instills confidence in me investing in his product. I never purchase anything from a company I can't contact or get customer service from.

Plus I see nothing about if this app will continue to be developed with Mavericks. Real comforting.

He promised always keeping the free black dock, but removed features and added a stupid "DockMod Free Mode" text to the dock titles. Really dude, this is how you inspire people to buy your app? Why not keep it how you promised?

This could have been a great app, but the dev really killed this one. I'll pass unless something drastic changes with the way he handles things.

Well, as someone who has paid for a license, I wouldn't go quite this far. Still, I am not happy about the free mode. All I want is the black dock. I'm not interested in messing w/ settings. I paid for the license because I wanted to support the developer, but to get what I want (black dock), I have to look at that stupid "DockMod Free Mode" tag in dock titles. It bugs. If the product is registered (like mine is; meaning I paid for a license), then why should I have to look at that extra text?

Omek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Ya, the "free mode" text is a little silly. It's certainly better than than the light grey dock, but it would be preferable to have the dock black without extras.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
I uninstalled that crap and used this mod which includes the original block dock without the text. I simply uninstalled the rest of the theme and left the black dock. :cool:

Mac Fan 4 Ever

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
How did he manage to have the text under the app name in the dock added?

Could I customize that with/without dockmod free mode enabled? (i.e. is there a tweak that allows me to do just that?)

Vandal.

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Switching back and forth between free and registered mode at least makes it easy to adjust the settings of your custom dock to match the black one we had before.

I now do have the black dock back and that's basically what I paid for in the first place, despite being promised a free version with just this one feature that I needed.

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
How did he manage to have the text under the app name in the dock added?

Could I customize that with/without dockmod free mode enabled? (i.e. is there a tweak that allows me to do just that?)

Thats what I was thinking. If we could just figure out how to remove his changed text, we'd be on to something. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.