Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juandagis

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
I have the 12.9 with the Magic Keyboard and thinking of getting the mini. Just worried that I’m going to buy it and a new M1 version comes out the next day.

okieoutwest

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2019
I have a really similar setup but went in the other order. The mini is a terrific device (I have the 5) and using iPadOS on it helped me be confident I could do a lot of my professional workflow on an IPP. Both make a great addition to my Mac mini and get used for entirely different things.

thv

macrumors regular
May 12, 2022
I have the 12.9 with the Magic Keyboard and thinking of getting the mini. Just worried that I’m going to buy it and a new M1 version comes out the next day.
I get it's different with the M1 switch but they don't normally get updated so soon. Personally I don't really care about the M1 in mini as it's definitely a supplemental reading/light gaming/browsing device for me if you have a Pro or Air too. Can usually find a deal on Amazon/Best Buy etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.