Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Has anyone purchased the clear case from Boxwave?

http://www.boxwave.com/apple-ipad-a...rystal-apple-ipad-air-2-shell/bwpdd/ttv-ptwc/

I'm getting a gold iPad Air 2 and want to retain the look that the iPad is caseless.

I live in Canada and the selection of clear cases on amazon.ca vs amzon.com is limited.

Wow that actually looks pretty nice and better than the Luvvitt case since its a hard one. I emailed them to ask if it really is in stock and ready to ship out, if it is I'll get one. I don't like how sometimes you order a case and are waiting weeks before it goes out. Has anybody ordered from them before and got their order in a decent amount of time?

Last edited:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I ordered it just now they got back to me and said its in stock.

Thanks for posting OP

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I don't think this one allows you to use a Smart Cover as well. I think they have another version that does. On Amazon's UK site they advertise two different ones, one costing a bit more. The cheaper one in stock now seems like it doesn't support the Smart Cover where as the more expensive one due to be released in about a week does from what I can tell

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I don't think this one allows you to use a Smart Cover as well. I think they have another version that does. On Amazon's UK site they advertise two different ones, one costing a bit more. The cheaper one in stock now seems like it doesn't support the Smart Cover where as the more expensive one due to be released in about a week does from what I can tell
Yup shell only no Smart Cover cutout

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I got my Boxwave in today and am loving it. Very thin and lightweight while offering some decent protection. No branding at all just crystal clear see through. The cutouts are dead on with everything easily accessible. 9/10

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
I got my Boxwave in today and am loving it. Very thin and lightweight while offering some decent protection. No branding at all just crystal clear see through. The cutouts are dead on with everything easily accessible. 9/10

Mines coming today... I'm used to the air jacket, so we'll see how this turns out.

Either way there's no way it can be worse than the Luvvitt case. :mad:

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008

Hey bobright could you show us pictures of how it looks? :)

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Case is a winner...great fit, and thin and light as power support air jacket at less than half the price...

Only thing is that top and bottom bezels are left eclosed.

Would buy again, and am not planning to get air jacket at this point because I like case so much...

Dreamrage

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014
Case is a winner...great fit, and thin and light as power support air jacket at less than half the price...

Only thing is that top and bottom bezels are left eclosed.

Would buy again, and am not planning to get air jacket at this point because I like case so much...

Do you mind posting some pictures of it?

Or anyone else for that matter, i have a gold iPad do not want to ruin the aesthetics of it.

I wish someone created a 0.3mm clear case that is compatible with the Smart Cover.

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Is there any kind of branding on this case?
Looking at the photos on the Amazon website, it shows "Boxwave" branding on the back of the case, I would much prefer there to be no branding at all

And yes, photos of people who have received this case would be nice :)

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Yup. Pictures please. Especially with a smart case on - preferably a red one.

My big concern with this case is that it's plastic and so may scratch the back of the ipad.

I had something similar for my iPhone 4 and it did get scratched a little.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Do you mind posting some pictures of it?

Or anyone else for that matter, i have a gold iPad do not want to ruin the aesthetics of it.

I wish someone created a 0.3mm clear case that is compatible with the Smart Cover.

If you want the best light case on the market get a power support air jacket... They are smart case compatible also, and about .5mm thin

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Pics... Here u go...

bf147def2befc2d80355ae2a04adc8a2_zps502be0b1.jpg

6f412b38f70cb6ffecb582f69b6a265f_zps6fed8ac8.jpg

146476414d825ee309c2b9eee0e2792a_zps74187fd1.jpg

----------

They said its not compatible with Air 2

Yes, but it'll be out by the holiday. Honestly the box wave is good enough for me. I'll be skipping the air jacket this time. Never thought I'd say that :p

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Hi mate,

Thanks for the pics. It does look like a very nice case. I'm just a little concerned about how much of a gap is on the bottom around the speakers and charger. Is the top fully covered? Or same amount uncovered?

It's going to be a family ipad so will need maximum protection from the little brats.

Also how did you get your case so soon? Or have they officially been released now?

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Hi mate,

Thanks for the pics. It does look like a very nice case. I'm just a little concerned about how much of a gap is on the bottom around the speakers and charger. Is the top fully covered? Or same amount uncovered?

It's going to be a family ipad so will need maximum protection from the little brats.

Also how did you get your case so soon? Or have they officially been released now?

Same amount is uncovered as the bottom... This is the box wave. They are on Amazon for a great price.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Yup. Pictures please. Especially with a smart case on - preferably a red one.

My big concern with this case is that it's plastic and so may scratch the back of the ipad.

I had something similar for my iPhone 4 and it did get scratched a little.

Sorry not really good regards uploading pictures. I see someone else has posted some already though. The case is open on the top and back although it's not something that will be an issue for me. My main concern was the back as I wanted to prevent it from getting scuffs and scratches. The case itself has not scratched yet but then I've not had the opportunity to place it on hard surfaces yet. That said I rather the case get scratched then the iPad.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks lads for the replies and pictures.

Decisions decisions.... If it wasn't for having to share the ipad with my 2 brats I'd have bought the Boxwave by now.

I saw the price of the power support air jacket for air 1-£45! Then add the smart cover at £35. That's almost a 1/4 of the price of my ipad. lol!

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Thanks lads for the replies and pictures.

Decisions decisions.... If it wasn't for having to share the ipad with my 2 brats I'd have bought the Boxwave by now.

I saw the price of the power support air jacket for air 1-£45! Then add the smart cover at £35. That's almost a 1/4 of the price of my ipad. lol!

Fortunately for me I still have the Smart Cover from my iPad Air which I sold when I replaced it with the iPad Air 2. In fact I have two of the red smart covers for the iPad Air, one still brand new and in it's packaging.

When I preordered my iPad Air last year I also ordered the red Smart Cover but a week after my iPad Air showed up UK Mail hadn't delivered my Smart Cover so I called Apple to complain and they sent me another one. About three weeks later the one I ordered originally showed up too. I was going to sell it but have hung on to it as a replacement. The one I use currently is still in pretty good condition though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.