Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purgatori_sakkara

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2018
Australia
I have Firefox installed, but I pretty much only use Safari. None of the other browsers integrate thoroughly enough into the OS for my liking (e.g., being able to search bookmarks and history from Alfred/Spotlight, right-click to add images straight to Photos, etc.).

I won't touch any of the Chrome-derivative browsers, and don't use any Google web apps (yuck), so Safari fits my needs perfectly.

Reactions: PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Safari on Mac and IOS but I may switch to MS Edge if they ever release a Mac & IOS version for consistency of Bookmarks with my Surface

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
Safari when I'm sick of trying new browsers; it's just smaller. I hate the inability to edit favorites in-place, and the current, and worsening, ad-blocking situation.
MS Edge (Chromium) for now, so I can have shared bookmarks on my work PC and my MBP.

Have tried Firefox, Waterfox, Brave, Chrome. May go to Waterfox again. Still thinking.

10win

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Firefox and Opera. Two months opera, two firefox.
Both are great!
Now, i'm using firefox, in the latest version they made a lot of improvements for mac os.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I use Safari exclusively except 1 site where I pay a bill that does not consistently work with Safari, then I use Chrome

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
I've been using brave for a while now, recently went back to Firefox to test but will likely go back to Brave.

gplusplus

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2018
Modern Firefox is not what it used to be. I’m totally loving the whole thing. I’m using Firefox on macOS, Windows, Linux, and iOS. Unfortunately, because of no actual good reason, I can’t set it as my default browser on iOS, but I can get my email client to open links in it. Better than nothing.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Safari for the most part. I am finding it struggling a bit with memory management for web pages I work on most days, quite a few spinning balls and tabs that crash recently. The main reason I use Safari is the integration. I'd use Chrome if I could have access to all my saved passwords that are in KeyChain.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Does DuckDuckGo have an OS version?

No stand alone app, but they have a "Privacy Essentials" browser extension that basically blocks third party trackers, makes most sites use an encrypted connection, and grades each site's privacy level.

What? Please elaborate.

DDG has a mobile browser app, but not one for macOS (just browser extensions as noted above).

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Firefox.

The reason is better privacy and better support for adblockers. And it is lightning fast. And it is easier on resources.

I do not know what is happening with Safari, it used to be good, then they messed up everything.

interbear

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
UK
I now tend to use Safari for personal and Chrome for work, as a couple of the web platforms we use at work are not supported on Safari, strangely.

iPhonagain

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2009
Indy
Mostly Safari, it just does what I need. Sometimes Brave if I have trouble getting a page up on Safari, but that is pretty rare these days.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Safari on Mac & iOS.
Chrome on Windows, mainly because I can sync across my various machines at work and it'll install without admin access; our IT for whatever reason blocks personal Microsoft accounts, so I can't sync bookmarks thru Edge or Edge Chromium (plus Edge Chromium still in beta so it might not install on my work machines). And for some reason, just not a fan of Firefox.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
Safari for the main browser. Firefox when I need to pull something down using Zotero. Adds are blocked at the .hosts file. I have a Windows 7 VM with Chrome in case I need to access something that's blocked in my .hosts file.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
Safari for personal use on iOS and MacOS. I've tried Firefox....
My work insists we use Chrome - tightly managed network so no worries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.