Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nexesnex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hello all you Apple folks. I have what to me seems like a dumb question (dumb question as in something that I should know, but I don't).

1. Is there a way to configure some master AppleID? I'd rather not pay for MDM service. But, I also want to be able to have a stricter AppleID that only a few people can control. Also, an Apple ID that allows you to use the ID on more than 10 or 15 computers.
    As it currently stands, once an iPad or laptop are logged into the Apple ID, one can just go in and change the password. I know you can go into settings to limit this access, but having to go into settings on a ton of Apple devices is time consuming (I know, this last statement probably leads to "I should pay for an MDM service).
  2. What's the most efficient way to setup 50 iPads? Yes, it's a lot of iPads. I'm fine with paying for a few months of MDM service so that I can help speed up the configuration process. But, does anyone have any suggestions? Each of the iPads will be configured exactly the same way- except for the name of the iPad, which will be different. One thought was to use mosyle for a month to do the setup and then cancel. But, it just seems that I'm missing a simpler solution... but, maybe I'm not.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions (even if the suggestion is that I'm an idiot :)).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.