Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
iPad Pro and MBA all the way........
Yes! I will go to the Apple Store and check them out side-by-side when the new devices get released. Heck, I miss my now dead 12" MacBook of yore! But of course a little more screen space and larger trackpad on the newer MacBook Air is something to look forward to!

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
iPad Pro and MBA all the way........
iPad Pro and iMac is the sweet spot imo.

Yes! I will go to the Apple Store and check them out side-by-side when the new devices get released. Heck, I miss my now dead 12" MacBook of yore! But of course a little more screen space and larger trackpad on the newer MacBook Air is something to look forward to!
Ahh the 12-inch MacBook. I still use mine on occasion and it's borderline unusable. the screen sometimes goes black and I have to push the bottom of the laptop where the logic board is to get it to light up again, it'll restart randomly, and say that it's out of batteries when it isn't.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Normally, you would want to wait, since it's only one month away before new iPads. But if the rumor is true about the huge price increases because of OLED, then you might consider getting them now and get a reasonable price.

Last edited:

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
Normally, you would want to wait, since it's only one month away before new iPads. But if the rumor is true about the huge price increases because of OLED, then you might consider getting them now and get a reasonable price.
Exactly. I’ve seen many retailers already discounting/clearing the existing iPads including Pros so you can get it for a good price. Risk if you wait is they may go out of stock as a result of the sales, and new ones will be the expensive OLED models.

Reactions: Rafterman

Poppleropples

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2009
I’ve actually taken delivery of an 11” M2 iPad Pro today - I’ve had a 9th generation since launch which I’ve loved but need a new iPad for work next week so figured to give the Pro a go. I’ve been trying with varying success to use the iPad as my main device but lack of USB C and stage manager on a display has held me back, I also occasionally work with 5K video and would love to do it on an iPad.

I know we have new models due soon but nowadays I’m less fussed with the latest models as find the chips in Apple gear now to last a long time and to be way more than what I need, it’s the OS that’s holding things back…

Reactions: snyp1193

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Exactly. I’ve seen many retailers already discounting/clearing the existing iPads including Pros so you can get it for a good price. Risk if you wait is they may go out of stock as a result of the sales, and new ones will be the expensive OLED models.

The only other consideration I can think of is, if they keep the older M2 iPd Pros to sell alongside the new ones, then it might be a good idea to wait, in case the price increases aren't as crazy as reported. But my gut tells me that they won't keep older iPads.

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
The only other consideration I can think of is, if they keep the older M2 iPd Pros to sell alongside the new ones, then it might be a good idea to wait, in case the price increases aren't as crazy as reported. But my gut tells me that they won't keep older iPads.
They definitely didn’t do this when they introduced the mini LED panels for the 12.9 inch display and bumped up the price. The regular display models were replaced. I would assume this would be similar.

Reactions: Rafterman

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
They definitely didn’t do this when they introduced the mini LED panels for the 12.9 inch display and bumped up the price. The regular display models were replaced. I would assume this would be similar.

True - unless - the new iPads are ridiculously priced (I've heard as high as $1,500 starting price, up to $3000+) Then they might keep the M2s as a lower cost alternative.

Reactions: snyp1193 and jazz1

solardudesf

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
I found this one tonight and just decided to pull the trigger. Just an amazing deal. Brand new unopened. Am I missing something here? I know some said stay away from eBay but its unopened and if something goes wrong I have buyer protection.

Thanks all for the advice/thoughts/suggestions. If I see the new one and I can't live without the new features then I will sell this one. Won't be a huge loss since it is an amazing deal.

• Love

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Saw this on YouTube and now thinking of just keeping my 2021 M1 iPad Pro.....

I feel this. When I was about 14/15 I always thought when I was an adult I'd want to keep trading in my devices for the newest, best in class product like I always saw people on MacRumors do, but now that I am an adult with a steady income, I'm very happy sticking with my iPhone 12, which I basically only use for Instagram and Minesweeper these days.

I upgrade when it's genuinely useful for me to do so, like I'm planning on doing with this year's iPad models. I love my nine year old iPad Air 2, but it's just not as good as it used to be for the heavier consumption that I like to do on a tablet, and day-to-day work exercises on it are pretty much out of the question. If I buy a new Air or Pro this year, I could definitely see myself holding onto it past around 2030.

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
I found this one tonight and just decided to pull the trigger. Just an amazing deal. Brand new unopened. Am I missing something here? I know some said stay away from eBay but its unopened and if something goes wrong I have buyer protection.

Thanks all for the advice/thoughts/suggestions. If I see the new one and I can't live without the new features then I will sell this one. Won't be a huge loss since it is an amazing deal.
1TB wow! I still have over 65GB left on my 128GB with over 200 apps and photos.

Looks like a pretty good deal for the storage and cellular. (I am assuming USD)

Poppleropples

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2009
I’ve actually taken delivery of an 11” M2 iPad Pro today - I’ve had a 9th generation since launch which I’ve loved but need a new iPad for work next week so figured to give the Pro a go. I’ve been trying with varying success to use the iPad as my main device but lack of USB C and stage manager on a display has held me back, I also occasionally work with 5K video and would love to do it on an iPad.

I know we have new models due soon but nowadays I’m less fussed with the latest models as find the chips in Apple gear now to last a long time and to be way more than what I need, it’s the OS that’s holding things back…
Replying to myself here - First full day into an iPad with an M chip and support for an external display and stage manager, wow, just wow. It was a toss up between this or a Macbook, have played around with 4K in Luma, Lightroom, Flutter and office work, not skipped a beat.

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
Replying to myself here - First full day into an iPad with an M chip and support for an external display and stage manager, wow, just wow. It was a toss up between this or a Macbook, have played around with 4K in Luma, Lightroom, Flutter and office work, not skipped a beat.
I don’t even utilize the chip 10%. I only got the iPad Pro because of 120hz lol. It’s primarily for browsing, watching videos and messaging on a big screen. But good to know the M2 will likely be supported for 5-7 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.