Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
As we are fast approaching the announcement of the latest Samsung flagship (S20).. I guess it is about time we start to discuss the next one.. the Samsung Galaxy Note20 (along with all its variants)!

There are already very interesting rumours out there such as the full screen display (no punch-holes) with under screen cameras/sensors etc?! :)

Last edited:

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
You nerds :p

Boy would I be down for a full screen display. In fact I'd be happy to pay for it by having a pop-up selfie camera, but that's probably just me and a small number of other uglies who'd rather be watching movies without a hole missing at the side than photographing their own face and select other body parts.

Of course I don't mind if they manage to stick the selfie cam under the display but it better not be causing any shenanigans with the display itself.

Most important though: make the screen FLAT. At least for the Note series. Pretty please, with productivity on top. If needed put the curved screen silliness on a separate model for those Note posers who care more about pocket space than actual screen real estate...

Reactions: kazmac and 5105973

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
For the past couple of years I wonder what they can add to the Note to make it superior to the S+ model besides the S-pen. Last year they changed form factor a little and made subtle improvements, but with the specs being shoved into the S20 Ultra this year, I honestly don't see how they can make the Note more of a spec beast without getting into ridiculous territory where the specs are insignificant.

Reactions: jamezr

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
The Note coming out close to six months later always allowed for improvements and updates in software, chip sets, anything learned from the S series. Less bezel, flatter, and of course size, larger battery, reputation for better memory management.

Do higher res cameras call for more memory? as in 12 or even possibly 16GB? So higher spec memory and storage - USF 3.1 even?

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
The Note coming out close to six months later always allowed for improvements and updates in software, chip sets, anything learned from the S series. Less bezel, flatter, and of course size, larger battery, reputation for better memory management.

Do higher res cameras call for more memory? as in 12 or even possibly 16GB? So higher spec memory and storage - USF 3.1 even?

The s20 series are rumored to have 12 GB or ram. Any more than that is just overkill at this point. As for more cameras, what different cameras are their to add? Its already going to have 4 plus a TOF sensor. And can it really go bigger with the Ultra already being 6.9 in?

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I love the size of my Note 10, I hope they keep a similar form factor available (though with a flat display). But this might actually be the first year I sit out upgrading,. Especially if they don't make the smaller variant again.

Reactions: kkh786

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I love the size of my Note 10, I hope they keep a similar form factor available (though with a flat display). But this might actually be the first year I sit out upgrading,. Especially if they don't make the smaller variant again.
Well I will definitely sit out trading my Note 10+ for the S20. It’s good to be back on a Note and there’s just nothing else like it. But I am drooling over the beastly features leaked on the S20’s. So I would probably find it excruciating to sit out the 2020 Note upgrade. Especially since it’s really likely I’ll stay on my 11Pro since Apple is apparently killing off this 5.8” form factor which I have gotten too comfortable on.

On the other hand, I don’t really have anything pushing me to upgrade the Note. I am fine with the cameras I have. I’m not power using, so there’s no need to upgrade on that account. I guess the only real draw would be a flat display.

Oh well I am going to enjoy all the news and rumors regardless of what I end up purchasing. 2020 looks like it will be a fun year for hype and excitement.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I was planning to try and keep the note 10+ for another year. August and the new note release is a little while away yet so I'm standing firm but im only kidding myself. I'll end up pre ordering it no doubt ?

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
These rumoured prices for the S20 range is not filling me up with confidence for the potential pricing of the upcoming Note 20 range!

Reactions: Ralfi

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I’m sure I’ll feel different nearer the time but when I’m using the note 10+ I wonder what they can do to really improve it. My issue is I’m not a big camera user so that’s sort’ve a mute point and the note handles everything I throw at it easily at the moment.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
If the next Samsung flagships really do increase significantly in price I will definitely be waiting for the inevitable price drops.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
For some reason Note10 feels flat than Note8,9 and all s series. I really like the slim rectangular shoulders and base, so I dont think I will be back to S series for the next few years.

We'll be waiting for Note 30 or 40 but of course I have to sell one of my Kidneys first to afford it 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5105973

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I’m sure I’ll feel different nearer the time but when I’m using the note 10+ I wonder what they can do to really improve it. My issue is I’m not a big camera user so that’s sort’ve a mute point and the note handles everything I throw at it easily at the moment.

When it comes to phones we reached dimishing returns several years ago.

Manufacturers are now just chucking more lenses on phones to try to convince you that they are better camera phones.

If the new S20 has a 6.9 inch display, there won't be much room above it for the S20 Note to be bigger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.