Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Come on.....you honestly expect people to understand that any given drop can't be predictive as to damage done.

I bet 6 emojis and one snarky comment that there will be dozens of anecdotal stories of how their personal drop did or did not cause internal damage. And extrapolating their experience as meaningful across the board.

Am I expecting too much from members here?:eek:

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
i may or may not be an engineer at apple :rolleyes:

You realize of course that you're just one Apple engineer of many and only one opinion of many. And you might be right 99 out of 100 drops...but that 1 drop might be the one that damages the phone.

It's a phone, people...try not to drop it at all.

Reactions: Applejuiced

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
You realize of course that you're just one Apple engineer of many and only one opinion of many. And you might be right 99 out of 100 drops...but that 1 drop might be the one that damages the phone.

It's a phone, people...try not to drop it at all.
Surely you don't believe than an Apple engineer, or any engineer for that matter, would make a blanket statement like that. There are entirely to many variables in his statement, for it to be taken seriously by anyone.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
just design a phone case that has a child like harness on it, It drops cable stretches a bit then fly straight back up.

Done topic over Blujelly wins.......

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
2 year old thread

But, yes it can

If it is still working, I wouldn't worry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.