Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamhale_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2023
Is there a way to stop notifications coming through during a fitness+ session on iPhone?

I use fitness+ on iphone at the gym and have my phone unlocked for me to follow along. I'm still getting banner notifications during my workout which is very distracting. My phone enters fitness focus, but I'm finding that I have to mute my conversations before the gym. Is there a setting I've missed to silence the notifications whilst a fitness+ session is ongoing and iphone is unlocked?

adamhale_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2023
Yes you can, by setting up a Fitness Focus and allowing it to automatically turn on when you’re in a workout.
Hi, here's my setup. Automatically switch on Fitness focus when a workout is enabled, disabling notifications from various apps.

All fine when my phone is locked, if for example I'm doing a walking workout with no video to follow along to.

But, when I've got an Apple Fitness+ workout going where I'm using my iPhone unlocked and working out with the Fitness+ Video playing, I'm still getting banner notifications.

IMG_0135.PNG

IMG_0136.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.