Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
OP is taking a lot of heat, but I don’t think there is anything wrong with his question.

Would most people say pink is considered a feminine color? E.g babies and blue for boys and pink for girls.

Everyone is acting all high and mighty and questioning him being comfortable with his sexuality. I think it would be silly to ignore the obvious. I also would bet serious money on more women buying that green than men. It’s a legit question and has nothing to do with sexuality.
No. Not really anymore.

Salmon and pink are extremely fashionable among men.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I get the point, it's just ridiculous.

Your phone says nothing about your sexuality. I'm surprised this thread was allowed to continue.

others were commenting on his sexuality. OP was simply asking if the color was more feminine. Sure it is, but if he likes it he should get it. Something being feminine and sexually are two totally different things. That was my point.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
If you like the color, get it. Don't let anyone's comments define who you are. Does this guy look feminine for wearing pink? If you think so, are you going tell him?

46f9cca9126055556344eb44e9f44277--rock-johnson-dwayne-johnson.jpg

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
Buy it. Use it. Use it with pride in front of her.
Next time: Buy the damn phone of your choice without asking her about the color beforehand.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
others were commenting on his sexuality. OP was simply asking if the color was more feminine. Sure it is, but if he likes it he should get it. Something being feminine and sexually are two totally different things. That was my point.

Seriously, we are all so stupid, me included, for participating in such a dumb thread. Seriously, if the color of the phone you get makes you question anything, you need help. Sure the green on the iPhone 11 may not be the most masculine color, but honestly, who cares? I am so tired of things being associated with gender or being masculine or feminine. Be who you want to be. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is going to even notice you have that color phone. People are way too involved in their own lives to notice others.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
It’s a forum. I don’t see anything wrong with his question or seeing how other people feel. People make decisions in life all of the time based on how others view them.

And that's so dumb and insecure. But, society has led us here by genderfying everything. That's the problem I have. Why is everyone so insecure (me included). It just doesn't matter. Honestly, if I wore women's clothes and everything I had was pink, ok, then I wouldn't give anyone who judged me on that the time of day. But, pink is the ugliest color ever, but were I getting the iPhone 11 it would be that purple or that green.

Martius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Prague, CZ
I kind of like this green iPhone 11 too (and this type of green in general). I'm straight, mostly wearing black clothes, buying black / dark grey Apple products, but it doesn't mean I don't like other colors. But my girlfriend would surely say the same thing as your wife if I wanted to buy this green iPhone. Don't know why women say cr*p like that, but if you like it, buy it. A lot of people have to comment everything what is slightly unusual just prove they are those who are completely "normal". Don't care about it, buy whatever you like.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Speaking of color, I really wish they would have thrown the old school Apple logo on the white. It would have looked awesome.

Reactions: D.T.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Lol the title is hilarious. The Midnight Green color is mostly dark grey, not green. In bright sunlight it appears with a green tint but I didn't even think it was the Midnight Green when I first glanced at it. Not like the Rose Gold debates from years ago...

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I'm not sure that I agree with you guys that just because it's 2019 colors have become gender neutral. It's certainly not true of pink, and bright colors,not always but usually in external clothing, are more commonly associated with women than with men. I've been thinking of buying an Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Gold Milanese Loop, and I can't help wondering whether this is an appropriate men's watch and band.

Reactions: mattopotamus

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
Ordered the green one for both me and my wife. If they had a pink one and I had wanted that... I would have ordered it. Go with what you like.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm not sure that I agree with you guys that just because it's 2019 colors have become gender neutral. It's certainly not true of pink, and bright colors,not always but usually in external clothing, are more commonly associated with women than with men. I've been thinking of buying an Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Gold Stainless Steel Case with Gold Milanese Loop, and I can't help wondering whether this is an appropriate men's watch and band.

this times one trillion. We live in an overly sensitive world, and I guess that means we now cannot have opinions on color. Everything must be neutral.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.