Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
I've seen some people have. Is there a way I can do this? And this is for my personal use and I think iOS 7 looks better with out a carrier anyways

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
I thought it was because when they were previewing it. The carrier didn't show up and my friend got iOS 7 and his carrier didn't show up

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I've seen some people have. Is there a way I can do this? And this is for my personal use and I think iOS 7 looks better with out a carrier anyways

I thought that iOS 7 no longer showed the carrier. That is, you can't show the carrier even if you wanted to.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
What is with the desire to not have one's cell carrier show? Of all the things to focus on...

I can see where people are coming from. It's largely pointless when you're not roaming, and besides those new dots take up more room on the status bar. If you can hide the carrier name you recover some space.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Ive noticed many users of apple, ask questions like these, and it just reminds me of android. Because I used to have one, there were many things we can do..like customize practically everything. But what I dont get is how people continue to remain apple fans but at the same time, want the customization that androids have? I knew from day one when I got an iPhone that I would be giving up customization on many levels. Not to sound rude but its something that you either live with or buy a new phone!!!

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
BUMP - anyone know about any news on this? I want to hide the carrier for a cleaner look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.