Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rawlsfwqq

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Everything is going to be all right now
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
There won't be a way as Apple changed way it's used in the .ipsw. So until a jailbreak is released CarrierEditor or any program won't work

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Am I the only one that doesn't really care about my carriers being shown in the status bar? I actually like it. The only thing I don't like are the dots in iOS 7. I much prefer the bars from iOS 6.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Am I the only one that doesn't really care about my carriers being shown in the status bar? I actually like it. The only thing I don't like are the dots in iOS 7. I much prefer the bars from iOS 6.
I agree about the dots/bars. I also don't really care about carrier name, but I can see why some would as it can take up a decent amount of space for some and make things look somewhat cluttered/busy up there in the status bar.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
I agree about the dots/bars. I also don't really care about carrier name, but I can see why some would as it can take up a decent amount of space for some and make things look somewhat cluttered/busy up there in the status bar.

Yeah it does look cluttered and iOS is the only OS that shows the carrier name like for androids and blackberry they don't show the carrier name

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah it does look cluttered and iOS is the only OS that shows the carrier name like for androids and blackberry they don't show the carrier name

I don't know about BB but on Android some phones do show it including the Moto X. Other phones show it elsewhere just not in the status bar.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
I don't know about BB but on Android some phones do show it including the Moto X. Other phones show it elsewhere just not in the status bar.

Ya like most androids show it on lockscreen in the middle

sero323

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
I thought it was because when they were previewing it. The carrier didn't show up and my friend got iOS 7 and his carrier didn't show up

They have done this since the AT&T exclusivness was dropped. Clearly they would be showing favortism if they were to display AT&T only or Verizon etc.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've never owned a branded phone so That's not true unless you're buying from a carrier.
For some carriers like Verizon there are really no other phones that could be purchased/used.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Any update to this? Just curious. I think it should be one of those options buried in the settings under some random subsection. I think if anyone wants to get rid of the Verizon text it would be right...us Verizonites have had that name burned into every phone bought until iPhone liberated us! Personally I like to have a carrier name up there but a part of me doesn't like it because Verizon likes to get their grimmy hands on everything...a carrier should just be a pipe of service....

I love my carrier!! :D

Hehe 3 does have the best name for people picky about this. I remember back when I jailbroke my iPhone 4 I changed my carrier to "Vodafone" for a week and watched as people got confused!

(Necropost I know but why make a new thread?)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Any update to this? Just curious. I think it should be one of those options buried in the settings under some random subsection. I think if anyone wants to get rid of the Verizon text it would be right...us Verizonites have had that name burned into every phone bought until iPhone liberated us! Personally I like to have a carrier name up there but a part of me doesn't like it because Verizon likes to get their grimmy hands on everything...a carrier should just be a pipe of service....

Hehe 3 does have the best name for people picky about this. I remember back when I jailbroke my iPhone 4 I changed my carrier to "Vodafone" for a week and watched as people got confused!

(Necropost I know but why make a new thread?)
Carriers don't get to brand the iPhone as they do with other phones so this is the trade-off basically that instead of branding on the phone physically they get their name up on top in the OS.

luke lau

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2015
Belfast
I love my carrier!! :D

Vodafone's fat arse doesn't even fit in the status bar #. I didn't even realise that the spinning loader icon is actually supposed to be on the left hand side, since it's constantly pushed over to the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 203
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.