Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Question for those who had experience with early iPhone sales from before. How realistic it is that there will be any stock of Pro Maxes in coming days. There has been 0 stock in any colours/capacities since Saturday. I am having a significant front-facing camera issue with my phone (I am pretty convinced it's software related, but nevertheless). I think that when things like that happen from get go it's a signal that the unit should be replaced. But there are none anywhere...
I talked to Apple support last night and advanced tech will be calling me later today.
What should I do?

Buck_Naked

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
Question for those who had experience with early iPhone sales from before. How realistic it is that there will be any stock of Pro Maxes in coming days. There has been 0 stock in any colours/capacities since Saturday. I am having a significant front-facing camera issue with my phone (I am pretty convinced it's software related, but nevertheless). I think that when things like that happen from get go it's a signal that the unit should be replaced. But there are none anywhere...
I talked to Apple support last night and advanced tech will be calling me later today.
What should I do?
There will be plenty of stock. Apple can send a replacement. Don't worry....Apple has stock under control

Reactions: Ariel32

Iamgoce

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
UPS still estimating tomorrow end of day for delivery. Meanwhile the phone has only made it to Japan:
09/25/2023
20:25
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Osaka, Japan
09/25/2023
17:34
Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China
09/23/2023
18:45
Arrived at Facility
Shanghai, China
09/23/2023
18:30
Departed from Facility
Kunshan, China
09/23/2023
17:02
Origin Scan
Kunshan, China

Apple's order status page has the delivery for Thursday instead.

Any chance UPS delivers the phone by tomorrow, based on the above timeline?

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
UPS still estimating tomorrow end of day for delivery. Meanwhile the phone has only made it to Japan:
09/25/2023
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Osaka, Japan
09/25/2023
Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China
09/23/2023
Arrived at Facility
Shanghai, China
09/23/2023
Departed from Facility
Kunshan, China
09/23/2023
Origin Scan
Kunshan, China

I wouldn’t hold my breath honestly. Mine was supposed to be delivered on launch day and it looked like it wasn’t going to make it. So many people assured me that it would make it and UPS would pull through but they didn’t. I’ll be getting mine today. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. UPS is always very unreliable for me.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
Not feeling the reduced battery life on the 15 pro compared to my 14 pro max.. Watching stock for a 15 pro max natural in the GTA. Hoping one pops up before my return period ends! Love the smaller format factor though.

Last edited:

Iamgoce

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
I wouldn’t hold my breath honestly. Mine was supposed to be delivered on launch day and it looked like it wasn’t going to make it. So many people assured me that it would make it and UPS would pull through but they didn’t. I’ll be getting mine today. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. UPS is always very unreliable for me.
Yeah that makes sense, I'll be happy if I get it sometime this week :)

Let us know if you get yours today!

puddinger

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
09/25/2023
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Osaka, Japan
09/25/2023
Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China
09/23/2023
Arrived at Facility
Shanghai, China
09/23/2023
Departed from Facility
Kunshan, China
09/23/2023
Origin Scan
Kunshan, China

My phone is on the same route and schedule with yours. I believe the UPS flight number is ups105 from Kansai international airport to Anchorage international airport, and should be landed in 4 hours, so by this noon our phones should be in US distribution hub. Then depends on how fast their process, phone should be cleared and sent to local warehouse overnight for delivery tomorrow or Wednesday. Lets see😎

Reactions: Iamgoce

Iamgoce

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
My phone is on the same route and schedule with yours. I believe the UPS flight number is ups105 from Kansai international airport to Anchorage international airport, and should be landed in 4 hours, so by this noon our phones should be in US distribution hub. Then depends on how fast their process, phone should be cleared and sent to local warehouse overnight for delivery tomorrow or Wednesday. Lets see😎
Nice! I saw that too, here's the flight https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS105.

Really depends how quickly it can make it from Anchorage to Toronto (in my case). I'll take it though, it's moving along!

Reactions: puddinger

habs0nut

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2014
UPS just delivered the watch and 2 trade-in kits but no phone which has not had any additional scans since the fake attempted delivery on Friday.

It was the usual UPS driver who serves our area delivering today and he just left everything on my porch tucked into a corner. I know others have already said here that no signature required and sure enough, this was just left.

I am really surprised by this as I had a FedEx driver one day who was delivering AirTags tell me that they can’t leave anything being sent from Apple and they always need a signature. Last week the case and screen protector I ordered from Apple arrived via FedEx and needed a signature.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
UPS just delivered the watch and 2 trade-in kits but no phone which has not had any additional scans since the fake attempted delivery on Friday.

It was the usual UPS driver who serves our area delivering today and he just left everything on my porch tucked into a corner. I know others have already said here that no signature required and sure enough, this was just left.

I am really surprised by this as I had a FedEx driver one day who was delivering AirTags tell me that they can’t leave anything being sent from Apple and they always need a signature. Last week the case and screen protector I ordered from Apple arrived via FedEx and needed a signature.
I have had FedEx tell me the same regarding anything from Apple that they deliver. They wouldn’t even take it to a local pick up centre for FedEx (Staples here) and I had to go to their main airport location here in Victoria to pick it up.

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
I just placed an order for a white iphone pro max 256gb will arrive in 2 months cant wait to see the difference between a smaller phone and bigger phone. longer battery life will surely help as well.

Reactions: JeffnotGeoff

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
Mine arrived today around 3pm. Love the colour and also the silicon case! I loved my leather case for 14p so was pretty disappointed to see poor quality fine woven but silicon feels super nice too. Very happy.

Attachments

• IMG_6556.jpeg
    IMG_6556.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 44

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
So, it's now Tuesday and fourth day in a row of 0 stock anywhere in the GTHA. My device seems defective (spent hours on the phone with Apple support yesterday and the day before) and by the very least needs to be swapped with another device. I don't really know how these things work. If I go to Apple store today, do I need an appointment with a Genius bar to replace a defective unit, or is it easier to just return it and see if they can find me another unit?
In other words: which is a more convenient and faster way to get a different unit? Genius Bar or Return? Or Apple support online/phone call? There is already a ticket open.

Last edited:

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
Apple must be spying on me lol

I was going to cancel my 15 PM order. Now that I have an Apple Watch I've been relying on the phone a LOT less, so figured I'd upgrade the phone next year. Just got the notice that it shipped early, will be here next Tuesday.

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
So, it's now Tuesday and fourth day in a row of 0 stock anywhere in the GTHA. My device seems defective (spent hours on the phone with Apple support yesterday and the day before) and by the very least needs to be swapped with another device. I don't really know how these things work. If I go to Apple store today, do I need an appointment with a Genius bar to replace a defective unit, or is it easier to just return it and see if they can find me another unit?
In other words: which is a more convenient and faster way to get a different unit? Genius Bar or Return? Or Apple support online/phone call? There is already a ticket open.
What’s going on with your phone? My 14 pro I got on launch day was randomly rebooting from the get go, so I called and they shipped a replacement one immediately. They have certain inventory put aside for warranty replacements, so even if they’re all out near you, you can ask them to ship one right away.

Reactions: Ariel32

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
What’s going on with your phone? My 14 pro I got on launch day was randomly rebooting from the get go, so I called and they shipped a replacement one immediately. They have certain inventory put aside for warranty replacements, so even if they’re all out near you, you can ask them to ship one right away.
Thank you for asking!
There are several issues. Most noticeable is call quality. It's horrendous. Including on the call to Apple support. I was just at home, not in a concrete building or elevator. Secondly, issues with my front facing camera. It will simply not work in lower light conditions. No issues outdoors. Indoors - crazy lag of almost 20 sec. It sorts of freezes and does not take photos when three other phones at home do. It also affects Face ID. It fails half the time.

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
Thank you for asking!
There are several issues. Most noticeable is call quality. It's horrendous. Including on the call to Apple support. I was just at home, not in a concrete building or elevator. Secondly, issues with my front facing camera. It will simply not work in lower light conditions. No issues outdoors. Indoors - crazy lag of almost 20 sec. It sorts of freezes and does not take photos when three other phones at home do. It also affects Face ID. It fails half the time.
That sounds like a nightmare when you just spent $1500+! Hope they’ll ship one right away for you. They did the day I called. They have them somewhere hidden from the world 😆

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
That sounds like a nightmare when you just spent $1500+! Hope they’ll ship one right away for you. They did the day I called. They have them somewhere hidden from the world 😆
Exactly.
Also, the screen is too yellow. My colleague has 14 Max Pro. We put it in the same display settings, with True Colour on. My screen is significantly more yellow.

• Sad
Reactions: OinkSheeb

maddin4j

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2009
Has anyone had any luck getting an iPhone 15 Pro Max Natural Titanium by lining up at an Apple Store without an online reservation in Calgary?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.