Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Alright seriously, things are getting nuts around here.

Seems like every thread is erupting into fanboy wars again. Whether its about MGS going to 360, HD DVD price drop, the ****ing legality of mod chips, demos, whatever. It all ends in the same crap over and over and over. And more so, it just diverts the topic at hand (ie. the legality of modchips in the 360 HD DVD player price drop, or comics dissing the PS3 in the Heavenly Sword demo thread [followed by discussion of MRU's trip :p]). It's not that we shouldn't argue about it I suppose, people can talk about whatever the hell they want, but thread crapping is irritating and childish as hell.

Not only that but everything is becoming so horribly predictable. Nintendo boys won't give an inch on anything Sony does and visa versa for the Sony boys. Look, if you don't like Nintendo/Sony/MS then why not just NOT post in a Nintendo/Sony/MS thread?

Every regular around here know exactly where everyone else stands so is it REALLY necessary to crap on everyone else's preferred system just because you have some beef with the company behind it?

Why don't we just make three threads,

1) **** Sony, PS3 is a waste of Money, it sucks, overpriced junk thread

2) Nintendo is t3h lame, little kids' p.o.s, 480p suks b@ll5 thread

3) Greedy M$ wh0R3s! Screw teh 360! Halo is teh suXX0r

and be done with it? then people can laugh and have fun throwing FUD around about the system they hate and reveling in the system(s) they love and leave the OTHER threads for on hand discussion?

or even better

can't we all just be friends?

fair-group%20hug%202.jpg

*deep breath out* I feel better :D

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I fully agree...things have been going crazy here recently.

I'm sure we all remember what happened last time...right?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
If things have been going crazy, why don't you guys just report stuff so we can deal with it?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Reminder: Forum rules apply to the Console Games forum as they do to all forums.

Users who have strong feelings for or against particular console games or platforms are entitled to their opinions, but must follow forum rules and avoid trolling, name-calling, personal insults, etc. You may take issue with another member's opinion, but you may not insult the other member for having that opinion.

Rules violations should be reported promptly to the moderators.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/297283/

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
If things have been going crazy, why don't you guys just report stuff so we can deal with it?

well I just found out that the little hazzard sign was a report post button :eek:

but it's more that everyone needs to be on the same page and be somewhat civilized. I know the internet and the whole anonymous thing makes people act like jerks much more so than if you were sitting face to face (I imagine of the arguments around here would have errupted into to fist fights, particularly if beer was added to the equation).

The people around here, when not busy screaming fanboy rhetoric, actually have insightful things to say and it would be nice to actually be able to read it without having to filter through 12 posts of "debating".

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I respect others opinions, but there is a way to deliver that opinion for which the outcome does not incite such behavior.
Its okay to have product preference of something over another(if not we would all be pretty dull and bland),
but to continually CRAP on said product with negative rhetoric is not only counter-productive to the discussion,
but it causes the person to lose respect within the community.

I'll admit that I do occasionally take "jabs" at a persons stance, but I usually end it with a j/k (as its all in good fun)
but it seems as some would just assume cast the competition in a light that portrays them as evil incompetent scumbags, who do nothing but fail again and again and again.
(then it turns into a game of who can push who's buttons without violating the rules - thats even more childish than blatant attacks, IMHO)

The Pacers haven't won a championship in 20 years, but I don't go into the sports section and rub it in the faces of Pacers fans every chance I get.
I agree that we could all be a little more courteous to others opinions/views(without completely restructuring this section of the forums again ;))
But it takes two to tango......I will only sit by idly so long before I decide to get my hands "dirty" again.
(as blatant negative bias annoys me)

cheers and bless

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C

Two reasons, last time, the results weren't quite how someone us liked. And, most of the thing happening, aren't against the rules. It just constant debate over the samething

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I decided to spend my next few weeks working my @$$ off on my own projects so I'll be here a lot less.

One thing I've been wondering C-D, and I suppose now is a good a time as any, is that your own quote in your sig? Just it seems you only go for Sony products and discard the rest which contradicts it a little. We're not so different you and I ;) hell, I love boating myself.

I like me 360, I love my Wii, I'm waiting on the PS3. But I'm playing my PC more at the moment :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Two reasons, last time, the results weren't quite how someone us liked. And, most of the thing happening, aren't against the rules. It just constant debate over the samething

Well...

1) I do know there has been a lot of attention to how the games forums are run and organised. Solutions to problems will never suit everyone, and...

2) In that case, if it's always the same thing, then there isn't much we can do about that.

But if anyone is being obnoxious, please do let us know. Thanks.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Well...

1) I do know there has been a lot of attention to how the games forums are run and organised. Solutions to problems will never suit everyone, and...

2) In that case, if it's always the same thing, then there isn't much we can do about that.

I agree...the problem seems to be the same thing over and over again. I think we'll live, but its up to the people who come here(the console forum) to be more adult about the whole thing.

Fun, friendly jabs happen, but things can quickly move out of hand.

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
Maybe sometimes it gets just a tad out of hand, but most of the time, I'm fine with how things are.

Maybe that's just me. :cool:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
We all takes jabs at each other ever now and again...it gets seriously annoying sometimes but its cool.

Self control is always good to have sometimes though;)

Always good to have an open discussion but lets try to keep that topic moving in the right direction.....now moving foward.

Bless

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Honestly, I don't see the problem; such arguments rarely end up with insult contests (the recent MGS thread may have gone too far; when that happens, just report it), and the actual discussions, while heated, are usually mentally stimulating, so I enjoy reading them.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Meh; all your consoles suck. 3DO ftw. ;)

Personally I like all the console bitchin'... it makes a change from the civilized discussions on GameSpot. ;)

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I think we should be able to gently rib each other too. I mean we're just reading these things online...if you can't hold back a bit and get all flustered because some nameless person you've never met has a different opinion on a video game system...well you need to grow up a bit.

As it is now there's loads of stuff I want to say and loads of people who take things WAY too seriously that I'd love to point out in humorous ways but I'm afraid of being banned.

People need to chill out. We don't have to all get along and have the same opinions. Competition is good. Teasing people is fun :) At the end of the day is just an online forum. Nothing more. Grow up.

Paul

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Well...

Nothing has gotten to the obnoxious level, hence I haven't reported anything.

However, can somebody please combine the three EA threads? I definitely reported that, but the mods didn't do anything. There's no reason for us to get a thread that asks "When will [insert EA game] be released?" or the two general on-going threads about EA missing the July release window.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
However, can somebody please combine the three EA threads? I definitely reported that, but the mods didn't do anything.

I've checked that out. One of the threads no longer exists or the link given was incorrect, one of the others is very short and is about a specific game (Command and Conquer 3) and it's not really a duplicate of the other...

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
I agree...the problem seems to be the same thing over and over again.

Yeah, we all really need to move beyond the whole "console war" mentality. Anybody who watched the E3 press conferences from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft should a) realize that almost everything shown has been heavily reported or widely expected in the buildup to E3, b) know by now what to expect for the next 6-12 months, and c) know what general direction and what kind of strategies each of the big three are taking. We all know by now that the Wii's not getting Mass Effect, the Xbox 360's not getting fitness games, and the PS3's not going to get Mario Kart.

It's almost as bad as arguing about HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray - I'd much rather be discussing the games and the movies themselves.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
/shrug

Don't know what to say about anything here lately really. :rolleyes:

When I see some of the nonsense posted, I'll reply to it with truth~! :D

Otherwise, things have gotten ludicrous, I've just been lurking other forums (albeit more along the lines of PC hardware stuff...Anandtech, 3DGameMan, XtremeSystems). Not that I'm important around here or think I'm missed, I'm just saying...I go AWOL when I see the doo doo hit the fan. :eek:

Reporting things just ain't my cup of tea. I know it's the recommended course of action, but...meh. :cool:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Alright seriously, things are getting nuts around here.

Seems like every thread is erupting into fanboy wars again. Whether its about MGS going to 360, HD DVD price drop, the ****ing legality of mod chips, demos, whatever. It all ends in the same crap over and over and over. And more so, it just diverts the topic at hand (ie. the legality of modchips in the 360 HD DVD player price drop, or comics dissing the PS3 in the Heavenly Sword demo thread [followed by discussion of MRU's trip :p]). It's not that we shouldn't argue about it I suppose, people can talk about whatever the hell they want, but thread crapping is irritating and childish as hell.

Not only that but everything is becoming so horribly predictable. Nintendo boys won't give an inch on anything Sony does and visa versa for the Sony boys. Look, if you don't like Nintendo/Sony/MS then why not just NOT post in a Nintendo/Sony/MS thread?

Every regular around here know exactly where everyone else stands so is it REALLY necessary to crap on everyone else's preferred system just because you have some beef with the company behind it?

Why don't we just make three threads,

1) **** Sony, PS3 is a waste of Money, it sucks, overpriced junk thread

2) Nintendo is t3h lame, little kids' p.o.s, 480p suks b@ll5 thread

3) Greedy M$ wh0R3s! Screw teh 360! Halo is teh suXX0r

and be done with it? then people can laugh and have fun throwing FUD around about the system they hate and reveling in the system(s) they love and leave the OTHER threads for on hand discussion?

or even better

can't we all just be friends?

fair-group%20hug%202.jpg

*deep breath out* I feel better :D

You should get your Browser sorted out, your Facebook blog posted ended up on Macrumors some how...

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
One thing I've been wondering C-D, and I suppose now is a good a time as any, is that your own quote in your sig? Just it seems you only go for Sony products and discard the rest which contradicts it a little. We're not so different you and I ;) hell, I love boating myself.

I have always loved Nintendo and Sony's gaming divisions, and have no good reasons to buy a Microsoft console(two home consoles + pc gaming is enough for me). Also, the only time I tend to "bash" any console is when someone decides to ignorantly bash another. Its one thing to state your position but its entirely different when you can only make negative statements about one particular system(which I have never done). To continually say; "oh what a failure, looks like they just keep ****ing up, when are they gonna do something right, pitiful console, etc. etc. - its not really productive conversation. In fact it usually ends up detailing a thread, because its never true(only opinion) and usually made to get a reaction from another user.. Sure us "Adults" could sit by and ignore all the "fanboyish" rhetoric, but there is no need to "run off" people who don't have the same beliefs as you. Its just like capitalism......competition is good, so don't go running off everyone who thinks differently than you(you may learn something). This is not directed at your or anyone else in particular, as I ma sure most of us here(who post in this section regularly) are probably all responsible for "baiting" someone at some point in time, but I still think there is an abundance if overly negative sentiment towards Sony in this section.(but thats just more of my opinion). Anywho, maybe this thread will calm things down for a while(again), but whether is sticks is anyboyd's guess.

btw - I thought you already had a PS3 in your house Jimmi?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.