Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mahili

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2022
^^ I'm wondering the same. v3 performs fine in my 2017 Mazda 3. I do experience the occasional crash but it doesn't happen often enough to be a deal breaker. Most likely caused by the weak USB port.

I've been wondering if there's an adapter that would give me better call quality but I feel like they are all the same.

Mazda is different from other cars. My friend purchased an ai box finally got it returned. They claim that Mazda system is unstable.

c47v3770

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
Mazda is different from other cars. My friend purchased an ai box finally got it returned. They claim that Mazda system is unstable.
Yeah, I can see that. Sometimes the adapter causes my infotainment to crash. I have read the USB ports are weak.

lynxdeb

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
IMG_9297.png
Hello guys,

Any way to fix this problem?

Happens only with Google Maps. If I click on the icon GPS is working, switch su Map or Waze is working, only GMap. Reboot the phone fix it for few hours, the started again.

Thx in advance

Mahili

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2022
Pretty cool option - for Honda Accord owners only at this point. As an owner of 2 Honda vehicles that only have wired CarPlay (but not an accord) I'm hoping they expand to other vehicles.

Yes, it couldn’t be better for Honda provide OEM upgrades if the cost isn’t too high.

Mahili

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2022
View attachment 2340422 Hello guys,

Happens only with Google Maps. If I click on the icon GPS is working, switch su Map or Waze is working, only GMap. Reboot the phone fix it for few hours, the started again.

Thx in advance

So it is the Gmap’s issue, no way to fix it . I have read too much about the freeze for the maps recently. Haven’t seen anyone get it solved yet.

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014

Happens only with Google Maps.

I noticed this in the last week - 2 different cars, one with native wireless CP, one with carlinkit.
So definitely a bad update from Google. (unless it's ios 17.3 ofc)

lynxdeb

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
I noticed this in the last week - 2 different cars, one with native wireless CP, one with carlinkit.
So definitely a bad update from Google. (unless it's ios 17.3 ofc)
I’ve changed permission on location to allow also widget and now seems to work. There was also an update of Gmail so not know which one has fixed the problem

c47v3770

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
I got something similar recently also on AliExpress and I’m loving how seamlessly it connects with also no lag. I have a Mazda CX-5 Signature, which is top of their line, that includes CarPlay and even a wireless charging mat to so easily enable a wireless CarPlay connection, but that would make sense. Instead, wired CarPlay. The adapter came up when I was looking for something else, as I didn’t realize it would be that easy. But lo and behold, 20 bucks and 11 days later, wireless CarPlay that connects within 10 seconds of starting the car and stays connected without dropping any signal for audio or video. Set-up process was a breeze as well, connect it to the USB, connect to the Bluetooth, and allow CarPlay to happen when a pop-up appeared, that was it. Very impressed with both price and function.

Looks identical to the one you posted down to the CarPlay logo, so these are all probably coming from the same warehouse. Either way, I’m pleased.

So I bought this one and CarPlay starts up faster in my 2017 Mazda 3 compared to the carlinkit 3.0 adapter.

My only issue is that I can’t access the web interface to check for FW updates or settings. Have you been able to access it?

nzaf985

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2022
So I bought this one and CarPlay starts up faster in my 2017 Mazda 3 compared to the carlinkit 3.0 adapter.

My only issue is that I can’t access the web interface to check for FW updates or settings. Have you been able to access it?
Try 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.2.1 if its not 192.160.50.2

Also some of the adapters require you to plug them into a USB power source to update them (they won't update if plugged into the CarPlay usb port on your car)

thekayman

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Mazda just launched their 'own' adapter - turns out it's just a rebadged carlinkit sold at double the price. Super embarassing, but also a validation of how good the OG actually is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.