Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darla

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
North Carolina
Sorry, I only send out promo codes to members of the press!

I just purchased the iOS app and the Mac App. Yes the apps are costly and while I totally respect and appreciate you taking the time to explain the cost... I think it was your response that rubbed ppl the wrong way, kinda making us seem like we're nobodies because we aren't press. Speaking as a previous press member, some press personnel get reimbursed for app purchases so... in any case, you should've just said "no, sorry I don't send out promo codes."

Reactions: AJsAWiz

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
That wasn't the intent at all, sorry about that! I was just explaining *why* I don't send out promo codes, it's not because I'm mean :p

Reactions: Darla

Darla

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
North Carolina
That wasn't the intent at all, sorry about that! I was just explaining *why* I don't send out promo codes, it's not because I'm mean :p
You ARE mean!!! Lol forcing me to relive my fear of clowns!!! :p

In any case... I love the app and have it on all of my iMac, MBP, iPhone and Watch. I think I'll bite the bullet and get it for the ATV4 as well. Lol something about those comments that just jump starts my morning. I'll hold off on the iPad 2 though, lol.

Reactions: MakerOfCARROT

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I'm already accustomed to dark sky on iOS so I'm not going to buy carrot atm at mrsp. I do think the app looks nice and will wait for a sale in the future.

Dev I had no issues with your comments on people having to pay. I do think it's a little high on price but I blame that on the ecosystem modo operanti of Apple app pricing.

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
The reason I chose that price is more because of the data costs associated with a weather app - each time a user looks up the weather, that costs a small amount on my end. It quickly adds up over time, so it's just not feasible to offer it at a lower price. Most weather apps that use the forecast.io data set are priced pretty similarly - and none of them have all the extra content and game elements that are included in CARROT, which is basically like adding another app on top of the original one in terms of the work involved. :p

(That's also why it's very likely that I'll never do a sale on CARROT Weather.)

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
You ARE mean!!! Lol forcing me to relive my fear of clowns!!! :p

In any case... I love the app and have it on all of my iMac, MBP, iPhone and Watch. I think I'll bite the bullet and get it for the ATV4 as well. Lol something about those comments that just jump starts my morning. I'll hold off on the iPad 2 though, lol.
He is mean. That's how he got those witty responses into the app :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.