Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Technically, it is Tim Apple fracking up Adobe apps… Adobe doesn't have more information than other developers, and just got their hands on the first beta. Given the size of the organization, they're gonna need a few months to straighten things out.

It is "funny" how new MacOS versions always f#%ks Adobe InDesign up. Main reason I never upgrade to the new version right away but always wait for the first or second point release. Why can't Adobe get their **** together?

Stefdar

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2012
Doubtful. There are still a lot of 32bit bits and pieces in the 2019 creative cloud suite, (I am getting warning messages in Mojave when I launch Acrobat or Creative Cloud app etc, and Adobe (as always) will wait till the very last moment to fix stuff.

Reactions: martyjmclean

sorrybadpassword

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
ScanSnap Home unable to connect to iX500 via USB to setup. However, the scanner is still detected via USB in System Profiler.

simonnelli

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Not working:
NEC SpectraView II.app 1.1.39 (Color Calibration and Profiling): Wont start, 32bit
Steinberg/Yamaha USB Driver 1.10.5: No sound, Utility crashes immediately after start

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
My main issue with Catalina, and why I rolled back to Mojave, was that Parallels lost permission to any folder on my Mac, and I couldn't restore that whatever I (and the support team from Parallels) tried.

martyjmclean

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2018
It is "funny" how new MacOS versions always f#%ks Adobe InDesign up. Main reason I never upgrade to the new version right away but always wait for the first or second point release. Why can't Adobe get their **** together?
Affinity Publisher will be officially released 19.06.19. It's a native macOS app and no subscription attached! I highly suggest you trial it (and the other Affinity apps too). I bought Designer and Photo on the App Store 2 years ago for $126. Cheaper than a year's subscription to Creative Cloud.

Reactions: macintoshmac

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
VMWare appears to be working for me, including a Windows 7 VM. I initially had a black screen for that VM but after shutting down and restarting the VM it is working. It does appear to be using a fair amount of CPU.

VMWare only partially works, USB passthrough is very annoyingly broken, I gather is on parallels too.

Reactions: rbgaynor

laurihoefs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
Has anyone else had possible issues with Carbon Copy Cloner? I had 5.1.10-b1 installed, and had crashes every couple of minutes. Logs pointed to APFS errors, and Disk Utility threw errors or even crashed while checking snapshots made by CCC. When I deleted the snapshots the errors vanished.

Issues with snapshots may be expected with the separation of system and data partitions, but I have not seen any other reports of similar issues.

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
upload_2019-6-15_1-8-13.png

can anyone help me with system preference crash inside of mac? uninstalled ALL AV i had, deleted system preference plist still same issue? maybe i need to delete some other file or folders? and have mac os rebuild this?

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Fuse for Mac OS not working. Latest version 3.9.2 won't even install due to incompatibility.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Can people update the wiki post with the apps, rather than just posting a comment, as it just gets messy. :)

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Will do this now, apologies.

Thanks, it just helps to keep this tidy, and means there's no duplication, as have seen some posts mention apps that are in the main post, which is defeating the point of it being a Wiki post ☺️☺️

rootcoors

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2018
UK
Thanks, it just helps to keep this tidy, and means there's no duplication, as have seen some posts mention apps that are in the main post, which is defeating the point of it being a Wiki post ☺️☺️
It actually won't let me edit the first post, sorry.

Reactions: Ansath
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.