Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lyleberman

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Annapolis, MD
You can test what applications will or won't work in macOS 10.15 right now using macOS 10.13.4/5/6 or 10.14.x:
  • Restart your Mac and hold down Command-R to boot into Recovery Mode
  • Launch Terminal
  • Enter this command: nvram boot-args="-no32exec"
  • Restart your Mac
  • Test your applications
To put your Mac back to 32/64-bit mode change step 3 to nvram boot-args=""

This is great - Allows me to test some stuff before installing the beta....
Thank you for this!

ahodes

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Just ran it - working fine.

Well, I ran the app now called "Backup and sync from Google".

The Backup and Sync client uploaded a ton of thumbnails and face tiles into my Google Photos library which was really annoying. Previously it only uploaded the original images. I'm guessing that the photo library format changed a bit and it no longer realizes it shouldn't upload them.

ChaosAngel

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2005
UK
Just ran it - working fine.

Well, I ran the app now called "Backup and sync from Google".

Perfect, thanks!
[doublepost=1560164984][/doublepost]
The Backup and Sync client uploaded a ton of thumbnails and face tiles into my Google Photos library which was really annoying. Previously it only uploaded the original images. I'm guessing that the photo library format changed a bit and it no longer realizes it shouldn't upload them.

Umm, that doesn't sound ideal. I assume you have the "Upload newly added photos and videos to Google Drive" checked in the preferences? I don't personally use that feature, therefore hopefully would help protect Google Photos.

ahodes

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Perfect, thanks!
[doublepost=1560164984][/doublepost]

Umm, that doesn't sound ideal. I assume you have the "Upload newly added photos and videos to Google Drive" checked in the preferences? I don't personally use that feature, therefore hopefully would help protect Google Photos.

It wasn't ideal. Yes, I had that checkbox checked. I also had high CPU usage and a ton of entries in the logs about a Finder extension for Google Backup and Sync which resolved when I removed it. I'm not 100% sure it was the cause of the performance issues I was seeing, but between the two issues I decided to remove it.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Hi, Logic Pro NOT working, can't import mp3 into project.

Final Cut Pro Not working properly, unexpected closing all the time.

That would be almost funny if it wasn't so sad... yet not surprising really.
[doublepost=1560180985][/doublepost]
UTorrent Not Working.

Did anyone find any Torrent App yet which is working in Catalina ?

maybe qbitorrent

Has anyone tried crossover?

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
LaunchBar by Objective Development (same folks that make Little Snitch) is having issues for me. While it does work to an extent, I can no longer have it pull up Apple applications but rather files associated with the apps. It will pull up apps not made by apple just fine. Looking for a possible workaround.

No reply from the devs as of a few days ago and no nightly builds available for the app.

ankitrihal

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Jakarta
That would be almost funny if it wasn't so sad... yet not surprising really.
[doublepost=1560180985][/doublepost]

maybe qbitorrent

Has anyone tried crossover?

QBitTorrent - Doesn't work as well. If any Torrent Client is working for anyone - Please share the Name. Thanks.

Cheapassmac

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2018
anybody use any wake on lan apps to remotely wake another computer remotely? do they work on catalina, or if not, a native way to do it in mac os?

mistergadgett

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
Getting a similar error:

You have not chosen to trust "Entrust Root Certification Authority", the issuer of the server's security certificate.

Did you find a fix to it?

I just encountered this same problem this morning although my Citrix message lists a different Certificate name (there are probably several which result in this message).

I am not sure how to work around this yet. Kind of a bummer! Would love to find a solution, as well.

I'm not sure if this is something which needs to be solved by Apple, Citrix, or my Enterprise hosting the Citrix Environment.... or all of them.

Macintosh IIcx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2014
Denmark
Sometimes it works, other times it takes 10 minutes to load, other times it crashes, in general it's not reliable to work with.

It is "funny" how new MacOS versions always f#%ks Adobe InDesign up. Main reason I never upgrade to the new version right away but always wait for the first or second point release. Why can't Adobe get their **** together?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.