Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tethead

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2005
NJ
Working:
Office 365 - Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams all working - except OneDrive for Business, which is quite fubar at the moment
Microsoft Edge Canary
Chrome Canary
Epic Games Launcher
Quickbooks
Tweetdeck
Plex
Pixelmator

Not Working:
OneDrive
Drobo Dashboard (but my Drobo 5D connected via Thunderbolt -> USB-C dongle loads all volumes natively) - trying to reinstall the Dashboard failed

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
No it isn't.

Code:
$ file Aperture
Aperture: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

The Aperture bundle doesn't appear as "Legacy" software in 10.14 System Profiler either.

It probably has some 32-bit dependencies, but that's not the same.
The end result is the same though: it won't run on macOS Catalina.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
FUSE is not working. States that it is an unsupported OSX version at launch. If downloaded fresh (3.9, the latest stable release), the installer says the same thing.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Audacity told me it will stay on 32-bits for macOS, 64-bits on some Linux versions.
Any replacement for this excellent audio editor?
;JOOP!

Kraxsis

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2011
Provo, UT
I found that Plex Media Player Launches but is nothing but a blank black screen. Other then that I have not had any of my other apps.. not load/launch/run on Catalina.

cmbarclay

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009
Photos won't launch getting internal error message and iCloud desktop not populating on Desktop.

Tenpel2

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2015
Berlin, Deutschland
Can anybody say what from the CS 6 Suite is working?

1) Photoshop CS 6 – 64 bit
2) Illustrator CS 6 – 64 bit
3) Dreamweaver CS 6 – 32 bit
4) Acrobat X Pro - 64 bit
5) InDesign CS 6 - 32 bit
6) Fireworks CS 6 - 32 bit

+

Abbyy Finereder - 32 bit?
Abbyy Lingvo - 32 bit?

Thanks!

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Can anybody say what from the CS 6 Suite is working?

+

Abbyy Finereder - 32 bit?
Abbyy Lingvo - 32 bit?

Thanks!
No 32-bit application or application with 32-bit dependencies with run on macOS Catalina, so you can stripe those off immediately.

Reactions: martyjmclean

dinga

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2016
Does someone use Citrix Workspace? Does it work for you? When I want to login, there is this error message about "DigiCert Global Root CA". This happens after installing macOS 10.15

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Working:
Logic Pro X
Addictive Keys
BASSalicious 2
iZotope RX7 Audio Editor

Working but acting strange:
Kontakt Player
IPVanish

Not Working:
Ableton Live 10
Nord Sound Manager
OpenDNS Updater

rmgamez

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2013
Working:
Logic Pro X
Addictive Keys
BASSalicious 2
iZotope RX7 Audio Editor

Working but acting strange:
Kontakt Player
IPVanish

Not Working:
Ableton Live 10
Nord Sound Manager
OpenDNS Updater

Hi, Logic Pro NOT working, can't import mp3 into project.

Final Cut Pro Not working properly, unexpected closing all the time.

humble turnip

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2019
Fingers Crossed Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6 should work as they are 64 bit. They come with a standalone an update manager which is 32bit, but it's not like they will get updates.

If anyone can try Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6, that would be great!

I am not sure how Indesign CS6 will work. As I understand, it is 64bit, but has 32 bit modules, so I think it won't function.

MacStrategy

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Ok, but what about Illustrator CS 6 and Photoshop CS 6 which both are 64 but apps?

I wouldn't know. I can only give information about those 32-bit apps which definitely won't work.

These are all 32-bit and no 32-bit application will work on macOS 10.15.

The application is 64-bit but it has 32-bit dependencies so it will not run on macOS 10.15.

These may well run on macOS 10.15 but you cannot (re)install, activate/deactivate or update CS6. The Adobe CS6 installer and management utility applications are 32-bit and do not work. Also, running Acrobat X Pro is a HUGE security risk. So, going forward, Photoshop and Acrobat are, as good as useless. Possible solutions include virtualising an older macOS and run CS6 within the virtual machine and also running a combination of Acrobat Pro X and Acrobat Reader.

I would post links to help (including a step-by-step set of instructions for setting up CS6 within a virtual machine on macOS) but I'm not allowed to "self-promote" in the forum, sorry.
[doublepost=1559826201][/doublepost]
Fingers Crossed Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6 should work as they are 64 bit. They come with a standalone an update manager which is 32bit, but it's not like they will get updates.

If anyone can try Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6, that would be great!

I am not sure how Indesign CS6 will work. As I understand, it is 64bit, but has 32 bit modules, so I think it won't function.

Illustrator CS 6 – 64 bit

Illustrator CS 6 does not work. The application is 64-bit but it has 32-bit dependencies so it will not run on macOS 10.15.

InDesign CS 6 - 32 bit

InDesign CS 6 is not 64-bit (on Macintosh). As it's 32-bit, no 32-bit application will work on macOS 10.15.

You can test what applications will or won't work in macOS 10.15 right now using macOS 10.13.4/5/6 or 10.14.x:
  • Restart your Mac and hold down Command-R to boot into Recovery Mode
  • Launch Terminal
  • Enter this command: nvram boot-args="-no32exec"
  • Restart your Mac
  • Test your applications
To put your Mac back to 32/64-bit mode change step 3 to nvram boot-args=""

humble turnip

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2019
These may well run on macOS 10.15 but you cannot (re)install, activate/deactivate or update CS6. The Adobe CS6 installer and management utility applications are 32-bit and do not work. Also, running Acrobat X Pro is a HUGE security risk. So, going forward, Photoshop and Acrobat are, as good as useless. Possible solutions include virtualising an older macOS and run CS6 within the virtual machine and also running a combination of Acrobat Pro X and Acrobat Reader.

I would post links to help (including a step-by-step set of instructions for setting up CS6 within a virtual machine on macOS) but I'm not allowed to "self-promote" in the forum, sorry.

Yikes, I forgot CS6 used 32-bit installers. CS6 was the last version of Adobe that didn't need a monthly subscription, so that's the end of the road. It doesn't look like Adobe will make a non-subscription version, so I guess it's time to switch to something else (I'm guessing virtual machine performance won't be that great). Thanks for all your detective work MacStrategy and your helpful advice.

MacStrategy

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Yikes, I forgot CS6 used 32-bit installers. CS6 was the last version of Adobe that didn't need a monthly subscription, so that's the end of the road. It doesn't look like Adobe will make a non-subscription version, so I guess it's time to switch to something else (I'm guessing virtual machine performance won't be that great). Thanks for all your detective work MacStrategy and your helpful advice.

CS6 runs very fast on a modern Mac with SSD storage when virtualised with OS X 10.8. My test rig was a Mac mini (2014 model), 16GB RAM, standard 512GB SSD, macOS 10.14 host OS, Parallels or Fusion + OS X 10.8 guest (VM was configured as standard 2 processors and just 8GB of RAM - no fancy optimisations). So using even newer, better hardware and VM configured/optimised with more processors/RAM, better settings, etc would give an even better experience. Again, sorry I can't point you to my step-by-step guide for such a setup.

krendel

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2015
Working:
World of Warcraft/Battle for Azeroth

Not Working:
EasyRes

How did you manage to install wow? I cant launch battle.net or any game install app with an error:
"The application “Battle.net-Setup.app” can’t be opened."

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Hi, Logic Pro NOT working, can't import mp3 into project.

Final Cut Pro Not working properly, unexpected closing all the time.

To be sure I just tried and I had no problem importing an mp3 file into Logic Pro X.

Last edited:
Reactions: xgman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.