Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbr600

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
My 2020 MBP 13" with 10.15.7 started to have that problem. It was once in a while, then it went to all the time. I do use Fusion 11 but don't have a VPN. I have also kept the install of 3rd part software to the minimum to keep macOS as clean as possible. I do us Lockdown. The free version does not have a VPN but it limits tracking and control ads. In iOS Lockdown shows as a VPN.

After reading this thread I turned off Lockdown (quit the app). My keyboard/trackpad discovery issue when closing/opening the MBP lid is gone. I tried it various times, with and without bluetooth, WiFi, and the problem is gone (so far). A shame, I really like Lockdown.

SisterofMerlino

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
This happened 2 or 3 times on my brand-new 2020 MacBook Pro 13” (10.15.7) that I bought this summer. All times were after waking it from sleep mode. The last time this happened, neither my VM nor my VPN were in use. Only iMessage, Chrome, Zoom & Word were running when I woke my laptop from sleep mode. I do have an AnyConnect Client and a VirtualBox VM installed.

Did anyone update to Big Sur? Has this helped with the issue?

stemoche

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2019
I don't know if this is related, but I had a similar issue on a 2020 27" iMac. On every start ups, for a few seconds the keyboard would be unresponsive,I would need to tap random keys to make the keyboard responsive to enter my passcode. There was also an unusual long delay to wake from sleep, something around 1 sec ! ... Plus at the time a screen glitch did not inspire confidence in the hardware so I returned it.

I was using apple's wireless stock keyboard/mouse if it helps

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I have the same problem. How do you fix it?
Probably ditch Catalina. I just put Cat back on a mbp16 to bridge FCP file incompatibility between two other systems, and it does this every time it goes to screensaver. From everything Ive read there is no fix, just another one of Apple’s many issues they abandoned users with.

cbr600

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
I'm running Monterey now and using the Lockdown app that previously caused the problem. No issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.