Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jack_1992

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2020
So, what we thinking for the Sheath for the Natural Titanium?

Was thinking either the grey or blue would look best?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I got black, but that's what I always get on my Sheath. The color of the phone never is an issue because you can barely see it through the case.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Really a bummer that Caudabe went with a cutout for the action button. They were my number one choice until I saw that.

Reactions: Hooterville

afinch1992

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Really a bummer that Caudabe went with a cutout for the action button. They were my number one choice until I saw that.
Look at the product page. They did a cutout and are working on the covered button with an estimated Oct availability. If you purchase a case with the cutout you can request a covered button for free once they are available.

1694822552609.png

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Look at the product page. They did a cutout and are working on the covered button with an estimated Oct availability. If you purchase a case with the cutout you can request a covered button for free once they are available.

View attachment 2264008
Nice of them to do that, but that’s a lot of hassle compared to just buying a case already with a cover for the action button and while you wait for the updated case you’re stuck with the action button being harder to use.

I commend them for making the update though!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Nice of them to do that, but that’s a lot of hassle compared to just buying a case already with a cover for the action button and while you wait for the updated case you’re stuck with the action button being harder to use.

I commend them for making the update though!

I think the action button might be easier to use with a cutout to be honest. I can imagine myself trying to put my phone on mute while it’s in my pocket. So much faster to feel for the cutout and not the buttons.

Either way, it’s just one button and this is an incredible deal considering the quality of Caudabe cases.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I think the action button might be easier to use with a cutout to be honest. I can imagine myself trying to put my phone on mute while it’s in my pocket. So much faster to feel for the cutout and not the buttons.

Either way, it’s just one button and this is an incredible deal considering the quality of Caudabe cases.

Yeah, I couldn’t care less whether it’s a button or a cutout. As long as it’s accessible, that’s all that matters to me. I still haven’t found a case that I like more than the Sheath overall. I got both the Black and Gray for my natural titanium. Will see which one I like better and return the other one.

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
Since the iPhone 6s Plus I order the sheath case and this year is the case too. I’ll try if it’s better with or without the button cover.

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Has anyone had any durability issues with Caudabe cases? I purchased a black sheath for the iPhone 14 Pro Max, used it for about three weeks, and then put it in a box for almost a year. I took it out, and it looks completly worn and had white marks all over it. It was not dirty, it was a degradation of the black rubber/plastic over time. Has anyone else experienced this, or have comments about wear? I would have purchased another, but this is holding me back from Caudabe - along with the fact the Sheath feels very heavy next to other cases.

jacklivehere

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2014
Utopia
Has anyone had any durability issues with Caudabe cases? I purchased a black sheath for the iPhone 14 Pro Max, used it for about three weeks, and then put it in a box for almost a year. I took it out, and it looks completly worn and had white marks all over it. It was not dirty, it was a degradation of the black rubber/plastic over time. Has anyone else experienced this, or have comments about wear? I would have purchased another, but this is holding me back from Caudabe - along with the fact the Sheath feels very heavy next to other cases.
I had similar issue. But just needed wash and wipe thats all. As good as new afterwards.

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I had similar issue. But just needed wash and wipe thats all. As good as new afterwards.
I’ve washed it too, and white starts appearing again within a few days. It looks horrible and is obviously a degrading plastic. If this case has hardly been used and looks like it has tremendous wear, I can’t imagine what one with normal use and hand oil would look like.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
I’ve washed it too, and white starts appearing again within a few days. It looks horrible and is obviously a degrading plastic. If this case has hardly been used and looks like it has tremendous wear, I can’t imagine what one with normal use and hand oil would look like.
Still would look better than the FW case looks probably a week after using it.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013

Did you get in touch with them? Their customer support is really good, the few times I’ve emailed. I’ve been using Sheaths for many generations of iPhones and have never seen white marks or degradation like you describe, nor have I heard of that from all the users on here who use the case. I think this stuff probably depends on your environment and how you use your phone. I’m not sure how you’d get white on yours. Seems like it was picked up from your environment?

For me, I use my phone for all kinds of outdoor activities, travel internationally frequent, get grease and oils from food all the time (as disgusting as that sounds). I definitely don’t baby it. But after an occasional wipe, it still looks really new. It’s one of the things I love about the Sheath and why I keep using it.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Haven't had that issue with my 14PM's blue Sheath.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Haven't had that issue with my 14PM's blue Sheath.

Yeah, me neither. Caudabe makes solid cases. Never had a problem.

To answer the OP, either blue or gray would probably look great with natty TI. Heck, the black would look sharp too.

I’m getting the blue iPhone, so the blue Sheath looks like it’ll be a perfect match. Looking forward to it. Tempted by that blue Lucid too though. We’ll see.

Morgon

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Just to confirm (since I couldn't through their site or product photos that don't show the bottom) - I really want a Sheath, but do they have lanyard support at all? My Moment case (from my 12 Pro Max) has one and I've appreciated having it in the few situations where I've wanted to take photos in risky areas.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Just to confirm (since I couldn't through their site or product photos that don't show the bottom) - I really want a Sheath, but do they have lanyard support at all? My Moment case (from my 12 Pro Max) has one and I've appreciated having it in the few situations where I've wanted to take photos in risky areas.
No lanyard support.

Quadstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
Can anyone with the Caudabe Sheath Gray for Iphone 15 take a photo and post it here? Thanks
I am undecided on which colour to get for my Natural Titanium Iphone 15.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Can anyone with the Caudabe Sheath Gray for Iphone 15 take a photo and post it here? Thanks
I don’t think the Gray has shipped yet. At least mine which I ordered as soon as it went live has not. It says on the site backordered shipping by 9/25

Quadstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
I don’t think the Gray has shipped yet. At least mine which I ordered as soon as it went live has not. It says on the site backordered shipping by 9/25
Ok, thanks

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Clear case should be the one to choose to appreciate whatever iPhone color was chosen. Covering with non clear case with a different color will defeat the purpose of choosing certain iPhone color as it will be covered and cannot be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.