Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Sheath case from Caudabe’s website, and at the time the case was not available with an action button cover. Caudabe said on their site they would send out an additional case with the action button cover if you order by a certain time - I did that. When emailing Caudabe asking for the additional case there was and has yet to be a response. Soon after m, I purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Max and decided to try to work with Caudabe by ordering a grey Sheath case (same is back ordered as of this writing). When Caudabe never responded to my previous email, I decided to email asking that my order be canceled. The company has yet to respond as of this writing. Be very cautious about spending your money with this company. Should you change your mind you may find yourself stuck fighting to get the stress free customer service the company promotes.

• Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
How long has it been since you sent the email? I suspect every company making iPhone 15 accessories is overwhelmed with orders right now.

You made a new account just to post this? Posting on an existing account would give it some credibility

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
How long has it been since you sent the email? I suspect every company making iPhone 15 accessories is overwhelmed with orders right now.

You made a new account just to post this? Posting on an existing account would give it some credibility
My account has been in existence for awhile, just never posted. I found it important to get the message out.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I haven't had to deal with Caudabe's customer service as both the cases I have bought for my previous 2 iPhones have been issue-free.

I can't defend their customer service performance but the product, especially the 'Sheath' is an excellent case and it is my go-to when buying an iPhone. When you look at some of the poor quality higher priced cases from the like of Apple for instance, they are head and shoulders above.

I hope you get the response you deserve on this though, it is always frustrating when purchases don't go right.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I haven't had to deal with Caudabe's customer service as both the cases I have bought for my previous 2 iPhones have been issue-free.

I can't defend their customer service performance but the product, especially the 'Sheath' is an excellent case and it is my go-to when buying an iPhone. When you look at some of the poor quality higher priced cases from the like of Apple for instance, they are head and shoulders above.

I hope you get the response you deserve on this though, it is always frustrating when purchases don't go right.
I’ve never heard of the brand before. Right now I have a Mous case on my 14 PM and it’s pretty good.

Reactions: Surfsalot

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018

Thank you

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The company actually makes a solid case. The material is smooth yet with a nice grip feel and a nice basic design
Pretty protective too. I regularly drop my iPhone and it has absorbed some hefty drops. No significant signs of damage on the case either.

I do remember last year threads discussing Caudabe cases being slightly ill-fitting in the first couple of weeks of release, but Caudabe appeared to be good at sending out replacements back then according to people accounts. I get the impression they are a rapidly growing company, so perhaps their customer service is struggling at the moment. Hopefully you get it sorted.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
For whatever reason they have been exceptionally bad recently. Not sure if they are short staffed or what but it is annoying having to email multiple times hoping to get a response. It took me 5 emails just to get a return initiated which was frustrating. In my experience with them it has never been like this.

• Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Pretty protective too. I regularly drop my iPhone and it has absorbed some hefty drops. No significant signs of damage on the case either.

I do remember last year threads discussing Caudabe cases being slightly ill-fitting in the first couple of weeks of release, but Caudabe appeared to be good at sending out replacements back then according to people accounts. I get the impression they are a rapidly growing company, so perhaps their customer service is struggling at the moment. Hopefully you get it sorted.
Well, since my initial post and the feedback of this community, ironically Cadaube responded. It’s as if someone was reading this side. They’re wanting to work with me to get things resolved. I’ll at least post the final resolution. But thanks for the feedback, ALL

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Well, since my initial post and the feedback of this community, ironically Cadaube responded. It’s as if someone was reading this side. They’re wanting to work with me to get things resolved. I’ll at least post the final resolution. But thanks for the feedback, ALL
For whatever reason they have been exceptionally bad recently. Not sure if they are short staffed or what but it is annoying having to email multiple times hoping to get a response. It took me 5 emails just to get a return initiated which was frustrating. In my experience with them it has never been like this.
Right. In their response a few min ago. They say they’ve had hi demand and have been responding to emails in a prioritized manner. I understand being swamped, but I advised them that there should be a change in the system to coincide with the increase in demand. It’ll only make customers feel better about purchasing from the company. Hopefully it gets better. They have nice cases.

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
You need to settle down.

I ordered the open button version with the same intent as you.

Emailed them a week ago about the covered button version. It took a few days but they finally responded with my discount code making my next sheath case free.

I had to specify color, and it won’t work until that color is in stock, but the problem with your interaction is you, I’m afraid.

Your post on macrumors made no impact on their speed. They told me the same thing a week ago. Patience, grasshopper.

They said we have until December 31st to use the discount code.

The company has always been great and responsive. You don’t need to blow the place up since you didn’t get an email as quickly as you would have liked.

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
You need to settle down.

I ordered the open button version with the same intent as you.

Emailed them a week ago about the covered button version. It took a few days but they finally responded with my discount code making my next sheath case free.

I had to specify color, and it won’t work until that color is in stock, but the problem with your interaction is you, I’m afraid.

Your post on macrumors made no impact on their speed. They told me the same thing a week ago. Patience, grasshopper.

They said we have until December 31st to use the discount code.

The company has always been great and responsive. You don’t need to blow the place up since you didn’t get an email as quickly as you would have liked.
Fair assessment

Reactions: Rainshadow

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Just for context, I think most case companies are swamped right now. I recently had a similar experience to what you’re describing with Otterbox. My issue was finally resolved, but only after weeks and multiple emails and phone calls. A little pro-active communication from the companies (we have your email, will be in touch by X date) would circumvent most of these issues. The feeling of being ignored is what causes frustration.

Reactions: Infinitewisdom

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
From what I have seen, Caudabe is taking ~5 days to respond to email.

Caudabe has always made things right in the end, but sometimes they need to send you a replacement case, or send a few emails to make it happen. Sometimes we have to jump through extra hoops to get the right case. They make a good case, and seem to have good intent, but the extra hoops can get tiring and can require patience.

These days I run caseless unless I know I am doing something that day that is a little more risky for my phone. I did ge t the cutout version already so I am able to have a little patience waiting for the button version that I really want. If I didn't already have a case, I would definitely be unhappy this year with all the hoop jumping.

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Just for context, I think most case companies are swamped right now. I recently had a similar experience to what you’re describing with Otterbox. My issue was finally resolved, but only after weeks and multiple emails and phone calls. A little pro-active communication from the companies (we have your email, will be in touch by X date) would circumvent most of these issues. The feeling of being ignored is what causes frustration.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2022
Couldn't disagree more.

Caudabe's customer service is excellent.

The problem is they've been exceptionally busy and for a small company just didn't have the resources to deal with the amount of enquiries and orders. Things have started to calm down a bit now.

You can also get in touch with them via their Twitter/X account if it is urgent - I've had to cancel a couple of orders and whilst Customer Support took a week to reply due to the backlog, I got in touch with their Twitter/X account and it was resolved in less than a day.

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Couldn't disagree more.

Caudabe's customer service is excellent.

The problem is they've been exceptionally busy and for a small company just didn't have the resources to deal with the amount of enquiries and orders. Things have started to calm down a bit now.

You can also get in touch with them via their Twitter/X account if it is urgent - I've had to cancel a couple of orders and whilst Customer Support took a week to reply due to the backlog, I got in touch with their Twitter/X account and it was resolved in less than a day.
Don’t doubt your great experience. Thanks for advising on the other method of contact. I’ve started some correspondence with the company. Thanks

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
That’s really bizarre because I’ve returned a couple orders just fine. My only suggestion is to give them time because they’re probably swamped with orders.

Xpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
That’s really bizarre because I’ve returned a couple orders just fine. My only suggestion is to give them time because they’re probably swamped with orders.
Yep, will do. Thanks.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Being 'swamped' is no reason for the way the company is behaving. If they are struggling to answer emails in a timely fashion (anything longer than 3 days is not timely in my opinion) then they should be making automated email responses that email replies will be delayed and they should put a note on their website saying due to high demand email replies will be delayed.

Reactions: yOyOYoo and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Being 'swamped' is no reason for the way the company is behaving. If they are struggling to answer emails in a timely fashion (anything longer than 3 days is not timely in my opinion) then they should be making automated email responses that email replies will be delayed and they should put a note on their website saying due to high demand email replies will be delayed.
I pretty much agree. It’s not like the iPhone release was a surprise to any of these companies. It looks an awful lot like poor planning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.