Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I pretty much agree. It’s not like the iPhone release was a surprise to any of these companies. It looks an awful lot like poor planning.
That very well could be. Maybe I’m just too patient and lenient because I had a good experience. I don’t know how big of company Caudabe is, so I can’t blame a small team or anything.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2022
I pretty much agree. It’s not like the iPhone release was a surprise to any of these companies. It looks an awful lot like poor planning.
The problem is they didn't foresee or anticipate the action button being a button. The early leaks were that it was going to be haptic, then it changed to a button. This was all just rumour and leaks though, nothing official. They said themselves they started the preparation and tooling for new cases months in advance so when it was official they had to switch to both button and cutout cases.

They're not alone, several case makers had the same problem. I don't blame them, they're a small company, nothing size-wise compared to say Spigen.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson for next time and put more effort into research/preparation ahead of new launches. If Spigen and others can get it right, so can they.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
That very well could be. Maybe I’m just too patient and lenient because I had a good experience. I don’t know how big of company Caudabe is, so I can’t blame a small team or anything.

Nah, you’re right. I’ve been buying from them for years, and they’ve always been great. There are a few occasions where they bent over backwards to fix a shipping situation for me which I was not expecting. This year I’ve had a few questions for them. First response took a few days but then I got multiple responses in the same week for subsequent stuff. Seems like they probably just got flooded during the launch and are working back to normality.

But bottom line, OP, I wouldn’t freak out too much. They’re a solid company in my experience.

Reactions: iScone

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Have a little faith. I raised my concerns and they replied back on X/Twitter.

IMG_0274.jpeg

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Have a little faith. I raised my concerns and they replied back on X/Twitter.

View attachment 2293123

Nice to see that. For whatever it's worth, I've always had positive interactions and I've spent a lot of money with them. They've always struck me as a company that stands behind their products. Plus, as others have said, I'm sure every manufacturer is getting bombarded this time of year. People just need to relax a little bit.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Well, since my initial post and the feedback of this community, ironically Cadaube responded. It’s as if someone was reading this side. They’re wanting to work with me to get things resolved. I’ll at least post the final resolution. But thanks for the feedback, ALL
I’m so glad to hear it’s been resolved, it can be extremely frustrating when companies don’t respond cause it leaves the consumer wondering if it will ever get resolved. I’ve had amazing experiences with them and not so amazing as well. It’s all a very subjective experience.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
I’m so glad to hear it’s been resolved, it can be extremely frustrating when companies don’t respond cause it leaves the consumer wondering if it will ever get resolved. I’ve had amazing experiences with them and not so amazing as well. It’s all a very subjective experience.

Yeah, I agree. Companies can be like a black box at times. Coincidentally, I just received a response from them, and it was within a day of my asking. Actually less than a day if I'm being accurate. So it looks like they're getting things back to normal. I don't think they're a big company and probably just weren't able to handle the influx of activity immediately. They've gotten way more popular here on Macrumors in the last several years so I'm not that surprised. Having been on the other side of that in my professional life, I can understand that. Like I said above, they've always been class to me and have gone above and beyond, even once when the post office lost my package. Speaking of the post office, there's a prime example of bad customer service, but I digress.

Reactions: Ta0jin

t_paine

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
Reached out to Caudabe support on 9/30, they replied on 10/7 to which i replied immediately. I'm still waiting for a resolution on my 10/7 email reply, so probably like a 1 week+ response time.

Unacceptable imo, especially when they advertise a 1 business day reply time.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Reached out to Caudabe support on 9/30, they replied on 10/7 to which i replied immediately. I'm still waiting for a resolution on my 10/7 email reply, so probably like a 1 week+ response time.

Unacceptable imo, especially when they advertise a 1 business day reply time.
Every time you email you go to the bottom of the pile lol

Reactions: Jakimo

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2022
My latest order was an excellent experience...

Ordered a Black Sheath (Button Cover) on 10/8. Changed my mind re: colour so emailed them the next day (10/9) asking if they could cancel the order or change it to Celestial Blue. They replied the same day saying they'd caught it in time, and had changed my order as requested. It shipped the next day (10/10) and arrived here in the UK this morning (16/10). Not bad at all.

I do find messaging them on X/Twitter helps if you have something very urgent - they tend to reply within 24 hours on there and can pass things on to Customer Support.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
I’m certain their cases are nice. I ordered mine early October

No status updates are available on their website. I wrote them on October 9 for a simple update

Since then I’ve left voicemails three times and wrote them six or seven times. Based on what’s said here, it’ll probably eventually come. But their support is absolutely non-existent and terrible. No automated response, just nothing

For me, that seals it up for me. I despise poor customer service

Looking forward to the product tho, simple and good looking cases according to the nice photographs 🤣

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Since then I’ve left voicemails three times and wrote them six or seven times. Based on what’s said here, it’ll probably eventually come. But their support is absolutely non-existent and terrible. No automated response, just nothing
Every time you reply back through email it bumps you down to the bottom of their queue. Just be patient as they’ll get back to you if you stay patient.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Every time you reply back through email it bumps you down to the bottom of their queue. Just be patient as they’ll get back to you if you stay patient.
Many of us had to wait 7+ days for a response, and we didn't reply back as you mentioned. Their Customer Service this year has simply sucked, and some of us had our order date bumped twice. I know some folks had a decent experience this year, but many of us haven't.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Probably just need to cut them a little slack as it really just sounds like a classic case of a company getting super popular and not having the manpower to deal with the influx. Their customer service has always been nothing short of fantastic when I've contacted them so I'm sure they'll get around to answering everyone. I've ordered several times in the past half year or so and shipping has always been fast, including iPhone 15 stuff. Product quality was of course excellent as usual. I returned one item and literally received a refund notification 3 minutes after dropping the package off at Staples which was a nice surprise.

Now contrast that with Amazon. I love me some Amazon, but I hate how Amazon makes it so hard to reach their customer support. And when you finally get through to someone there's a 50/50 chance whether they answer your question correctly.

Reactions: ISignedUpToAskThis

littlerock72202

Suspended
May 5, 2019
I purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Sheath case from Caudabe’s website, and at the time the case was not available with an action button cover. Caudabe said on their site they would send out an additional case with the action button cover if you order by a certain time - I did that. When emailing Caudabe asking for the additional case there was and has yet to be a response. Soon after m, I purchased an iPhone 15 Pro Max and decided to try to work with Caudabe by ordering a grey Sheath case (same is back ordered as of this writing). When Caudabe never responded to my previous email, I decided to email asking that my order be canceled. The company has yet to respond as of this writing. Be very cautious about spending your money with this company. Should you change your mind you may find yourself stuck fighting to get the stress free customer service the company promotes.
might get to the spam fold

Wig321

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
Received a Sheath for my 15pro. I don’t like it and reverted back to an Apple FW case for now. Cheap feeling and sharp edges where the sides meet the front lip.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
Received a Sheath for my 15pro. I don’t like it and reverted back to an Apple FW case for now. Cheap feeling and sharp edges where the sides meet the front lip.
Mine came perfectly, for my 15 Pro Max. Have you tried to reach out for a replacement?

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Weird they got back to me within a day on two separate occasions. Only good things to say about them.

joysmahal

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2009
Seattle, WA
I've been a Caudabe fan since the iPhone X and Xr, but this buying experience has really soured.

I purchased the iPhone 15 Pro Max Sheath Gray on November 6th. At the time of the order there was no messaging on the product page about delays and I thought it would ship within 1-2 days.

Emailed the following week on 11/13 and they said they were getting more stock this week and it would ship later in the week.

It didn't ship. I emailed last week on Monday, November 20th. They said it would ship in 2-3 days. Still no shipping notification.

They did adjust my order to reflect the Black Friday 35% off at least and they kept offering to change my order to something else that was in stock. But, I want the gray sheath.

I know it's just a case, but it's kind of ridiculous to wait longer for a case than I did for the iPhone. I've picked up a cheaper case to get by since I was not expecting this long of a delay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.