Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Im thinking of buying one of these shortly and i was looking at the ebay page where it says "MacForum Menbers please note your request in notes at check out, you should know what that is..." - what does this mean?

Can someone explain the options available and save me the time of going through all the posts to find out what he is referring too?

Thanks.

If you don't want the perforated design on the back (see my review and vid) then you need to put that in the notes.

yuanmoons

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
The review & vid are the reason im considering this case - so thanks for answering the question & the vid! :)

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Can a few people who have this case comment on the stitching quality? I noticed in the video and pics that they use contrast stitching on the black case so I'm wondering if the quality of stitching is consistent since any mishaps will stick out.

Also...is there another case exactly like this that is black material and black thread?

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I'm thinking about selling my incase convertible book jacket and buying a slimmer case. I'm debating the official apple case vs the chinao. For those who have used both, which is the best buy?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I'm thinking about selling my incase convertible book jacket and buying a slimmer case. I'm debating the official apple case vs the chinao. For those who have used both, which is the best buy?

They are both a great buy except for the Apple Case attracting a lot of lint, dist and it gets dirty the second you touch it.

The Chinao is everything that Apple Case is except it does not get dirty. And you can find it for almost half price :)

I love them both.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
They are both a great buy except for the Apple Case attracting a lot of lint, dist and it gets dirty the second you touch it.
However, it's also easily wiped clean.

The Chinao is everything that Apple Case is except it does not get dirty.

Perhaps that's the case (no pun intended) for the external vinyl surface, but several folks have noted that the inside material on the Chinao gets dirty easily. To me that's worse since it's the inner material/surface that will grind dirt against the Ipad and cause scratching. :eek:

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010

But it's also easily wiped clean.

The Chinao is everything that Apple Case is except it does not get dirty. And you can find it for almost half price :)

I love them both.

Several folks have noted that the felt inside material on the Chinao gets dirty easily. To me that's worse since it's the inner material/surface that will grind dirt against the Ipad and cause scratching. :eek:

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Several folks have noted that the felt inside material on the Chinao gets dirty easily. To me that's worse since it's the inner material/surface that will grind dirt against the Ipad and cause scratching. :eek:

Yeah thats why I stopped using mine. Its a common problem with a lot of cases really - not sure what this obsession is with fabric linings. Surely smooth leather is unlikely to damage the screen?

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I ordered the Chinao and i dunno...it is weird. I don't like that the top and bottom don't line up with eachother. I don't like how big the edging seems...it makes it kinda difficult to get to the headphones and volume ports...

And the inside of it does attract everything. Usually when I am done using, I wipe the inside before closing it.

This is the nicest case I have purchased so far though.

Redbull1980

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2010
Hi all,

I've been using the Chinao ipad case for a while now and at first i was really happy with it. But in the last few days i'm getting annoyed with the case, because of imperfections. First issue i have is that because the case is made of synthetic leather the corners are starting to break as seen in the image's in the attachments i posted. The second issue is that case doesn't hold the iPad as tight as it should, when used in a daily fashion the iPad move's a little bit to the left everytime you open the case up. This make the volume controle's on the right harder to use. It's not that bad but it's still annoying to me. My friend has apple case which is a dust magnet but the iPad sits in the case perfectly with no wobbly effects while typing whatsoever. The Chinao case is really flimsy standing up horizontal, not like the Apple case it self which is firm and solid. I still love the because the outside isn't a dust magnet but the imperfection and build quality is nothing compared to that of apple it self.

Just my thought on this case.

Greets

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 97
  • web3.jpg
    web3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 93
  • web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 95

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
My Chinao has started cracking along the seems. Only had it a couple of months and have used it carefully so I'm disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.