Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lethalillness

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Long Island, New York
I searched and shockingly couldn't find a thread like this. I don't know about anyone else but this is when I start my Christmas shopping. So, what do you want [realistically] this year for Christmas? Don't forget to include your pictures! And no, it doesn't have to be limited to Apple products.

All I want is this beautiful piece of engineering:
ipad_610x318.png

lostforwords

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
I'm paying for half of it so I'm hoping to get this.

specs_open_13_large20090828.png

(13" MBP, don't have the money for the 15", wish I did)

Just saving up the money right now, hoping to have a bit before Christmas as this laptop barely works and I neeeed my internet. :p

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
To be honest, I kind of have everything I want. (mainly my Mac and phone). I think for Christmas I would like a few hundred bucks (just incase I wanted to buy something) and certainly a new watch, which I might end up buying myself before then.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
New bike and a smartphone of some sort; haven't decided on an OS yet although I'm leaning towards the iPhone.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Sinterklaas

Here in the Netherlands we have Sinterklaas, he comes to us first by steamship, and then on a white horse. It is that important that the TV shows him arriving direct, plus tens of thousands are on the quayside. I hope to be there this year in Harderwijk on the 13th November with my grand children.

Gifts are given on the 5th December

Sinterklaas_geland__359673b.jpg

intocht_sinterklaas_amsterdam.jpg

Zephi

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
You mean the wishes that, uhm, are to fulfill? If so, then I'd love to get some money, which I suppose I won't get more than my monthly sum of pocket money. No macs this year, damn.

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
Here in the Netherlands we have Sinterklaas, he comes to us first by steamship, and then on a white horse. It is that important that the TV shows him arriving direct, plus tens of thousands are on the quayside.

Yeah. Every child grows up with Sinterklaas. You can see it as Santa, only this one comes from Spain by boat.(according to the old tradition:D). Most children stop believing in the real existence of Sinterklaas at the age of 9 or 10. But it's always a lot of fun, though. :cool:
Sinterklaas comes with a lot of special candy as well. Pepernoten (literally translated it means Peppernuts) and chocolate letters.

Oh, I almost forgot. ontopic:

I really do wish to get my SSD inside my iMac 27" mid-2010 model. That's the only thing. I don't really dare to do it myself, so I still need to find a way.

Attachments

• pepernoten.jpg
    pepernoten.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 205

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I kind of have everything I want, so I guess I want me and my girlfriend to be happy for another year?

Forget that.

I want backyard lawn furniture for the coming summer months, and a Dell Streak once it gets a newer version of Android. :D

I'll probably get the lawn furniture, but I definitely won't get a Dell Streak with 1 year left on a 2 year iPhone contract.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Here in the Netherlands we have Sinterklaas, he comes to us first by steamship, and then on a white horse. It is that important that the TV shows him arriving direct, plus tens of thousands are on the quayside. I hope to be there this year in Harderwijk on the 13th November with my grand children.

I forgot to say what I want the Sinterklaas to bring me, Well Hayden Panettiere baby oil and a large bed::p

The ArchAngel

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
chrome_mini_gryblk_09.jpg
Chrome mini metro. I dont really ride bikes but I still think its an awesome bag.

Give some thought to the Citizen, which I believe is one size larger. I do bike, but even on days when I don't, I appreciate having the extra space for my laptop and other various junk.

Golfwolf

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
Canada
Using it right now, it is the iMac in my sig. My other half is going to contribute to the initial expense of buying this great machine, so nothing is on my christmas list!!:)

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
New CPU/RAM/motherboard/PSU/Hard Drive(s) for my linux server.
It's 10 years old so it does need almost everything replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.