Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
I think if there were no guns besides the law enforcements then America would be a much safer place.

Sad thing is the crime rates in the states that are more lenient on gun laws are much lower than that of states that have the highest gun control law. The more people have protection the less chance an idiots gunna run up to u and still something or go in your house or to your store... You should read Freakonomics. It will really open your eyes.. :cool:

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
do you like it ? cant decide, whether gow oder assassins creed :/

It's hard to say, seeing as I can't pick it up until Thursday at least (and I'll probably hold off on most of it until the 27th, if not January).

I wasn't a huge fan of Chains on Olympus. Though it had a good feel, (definitely felt the same as GOW 1 & 2 only scaled down to a mobile platform) it was way too short for my liking (finished it in about 4 hours). Painfully short, actually - it seemed as though each of the console games was at least 2 to 3 times longer. As long as Ghost of Sparta is a bit longer I can't see why I wouldn't pre-recommend it.

As far as Assassin's Creed goes, I won't dare compare it to God of War. The genre and gameplay of both is completely different. God of War is genuinely one of the best straight-up "kill everything" action games ever released (probably the best, I very much doubt that it's main competition Dante's Inferno could hold up against it).

Assassin's Creed is simply Splinter Cell circa 1100-1500 or Mirror's Edge, but cool :)

Obviously you just can't compare them straight against each other for many things. I will say this though, having played all the God of War games but Ghost of Sparta and Betrayal (which I don't really think counts) and only Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 (though I would like to get my hands on the DS games cheap [Lost Legacy is definitely going to be something I pick up for 3DS as well, the plot seems amazing], and will be getting Brotherhood for Christmas) I prefer GoW's combat system by leaps and bounds. Creed just feels so slow in the swordplay sometimes.

I would say you're safe with either bet. But I can't say which would be better.

ascarda

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
EOS_500D_FSL_w_EF_S_18_55mm_IS_450.jpg

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Is there a Lord of the Rings Blue Ray box set in existence? I looked around but couldn't find it.

Twowildman21

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
Is there a Lord of the Rings Blue Ray box set in existence? I looked around but couldn't find it.

Yes there is, but its slowly going out of production,because of the extended editions coming soon. I was luckily able to snag 3 copies on Black Friday at Target because of the misprint in the target ad making it $7.99 for the whole collection versus $7.99 for each film. The box set is not that great, few video issues, it would be better to wait for the extended editions unless you want to pay $80 on something that will be out soon. The box set comes with all 3 movies (Blu-Ray), deleted scenes and extras (DVD), and digital copies of all 3.

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
Hey! Someone that gets it!

I try to never get political in threads like this. But I gotta throw in... I completely agree, too. :p In addition to the additional protection a gun provides to self and to society; people seem to also forget it's an American's right.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Samsung Soundbar :)

HWC450XAA_GI-L_2.jpg
Have they changed the way the soundbar works? I considered one for my Samsung plasma but the only audio input is from the tv, and most tv's do not pass surround sound info but only 2ch stereo. I instead got a Sony soundbar with separate HDMI inputs for the various sources that then outputs to the tv; it still uses audio from the tv but only for OTA broadcasts or anything that will not connect directly to the soundbar.

neiljhonson01

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
christmas 2010

Dear i also want to infrorm you about the Walmart offers Christmas trees to shoppers. Christmas is a holiday observed to commemorate the birth of Jesus in all over the world on 25th December. The word 'Christmas' comes from 'Cristes Maesse.' Now a days people exchange Xmas gifts including X-Mas Cakes, Stars, Lanterns, Fresh Flowers, Chocolates, Christmas Hampers, Santa Soft Toys, Decoratives, etc. with loved ones. During the Christmas, there are number of events to be celebrated in the United States. Some of the people celebrate the day with family and friends, whereas some celebrate the day at beaches and other destinations. Find out more on>>>
Merry christmas 2011
Christmas Sales

Last edited:

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Looking to get a NAS enclosure for backup and storage. Right now I use two FW800 drives, but there's a problem with my FW controller and occasionally it'll drop the drives. Hopefully the NAS will be more reliable, and since there's no cables to connect or disconnect and no drives to eject, it'll make it easier for me to use my laptop as a laptop, instead of chained to my desk as it is now.

D700-2364-main.jpg

To stock the enclosure, I'm hoping for two 1.5T drives.

seagate-barracuda-15tb-hard-drive.jpg

And since this'll mean I don't need as much local storage, I want to replace my 320GB hard drive with a 120GB SSD.

20-227-551-TS

And if anyone's feeling generous:

2011-audi-a8.jpg

:D
It'd have to be black/amaretto or black/black though.

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
One or the other. AWD so I wont have to say sorry my FWD car can't make it to the snow this weekend.
IMG_6659.JPG

!!g2T7m!!2E~$(KGrHqYOKiQEz9U7GQkHBN!oyFtVGg~~_4.JPG

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Yes there is, but its slowly going out of production,because of the extended editions coming soon. I was luckily able to snag 3 copies on Black Friday at Target because of the misprint in the target ad making it $7.99 for the whole collection versus $7.99 for each film. The box set is not that great, few video issues, it would be better to wait for the extended editions unless you want to pay $80 on something that will be out soon. The box set comes with all 3 movies (Blu-Ray), deleted scenes and extras (DVD), and digital copies of all 3.

Will the new set be blueray as well?

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
One or the other. AWD so I wont have to say sorry my FWD car can't make it to the snow this weekend.

FWD in the snow works just fine :)

My friend and I drive up all the time in the snow (he has a Mazda Protege). You just have to know what your doing.

We just tell the chain control people it's AWD :eek:

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
FWD in the snow works just fine :)

My friend and I drive up all the time in the snow (he has a Mazda Protege). You just have to know what your doing.

We just tell the chain control people it's AWD :eek:

Yup, and get some proper tires. AWD is useless without proper tires.

midtrans

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2018
Việt Nam
Beautiful setup. Not super over-the-top, but you have some nice equipment there. I'm incredibly jealous of your spacious desk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.