Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjsdaname

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
cedar rapids IA
Why not .223?

My choice for a 22LR would be the GSG-5. And for the AR platform... the DPMS LR-308 :cool: hell of a gun.

well, im only 17 and .223 is just to expensive for me to shoot...

and I dont know why I like the sig so much, I was at gander mountain the other day, and was feeling out all of the other .22's and it just feels the best to me...

it's going to be ether the sig, or the smith and wesson M&P 15-22. that is a nice gun also...

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
well, im only 17 and .223 is just to expensive for me to shoot...

and I dont know why I like the sig so much, I was at gander mountain the other day, and was feeling out all of the other .22's and it just feels the best to me...

it's going to be ether the sig, or the smith and wesson M&P 15-22. that is a nice gun also...

The .223 is pretty cheap to shoot if you buy bulk ammo. You can get 500 rounds for less than $150.

nospeed411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2010
east coast
pppfffttt... man up and get some real firepower:D I bought myself an ORIGINAL Desert Eagle 50 cal last year ...best money I ever spent.
deserteagle2.jpg

Yes it costs a fortune to shoot and my wrist can only handle about 6 rounds and I am done for the day. However it only takes 1 from this thing to stop anything shy of a pissed off bull elephant:D

rnelan7

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009
Boise
hahahah I probably have more experience with guns then most people, I own 9 guns of my own already.

a .223 ruger mini 14 a couple .22's and a couple shotguns a .22 pistol.. and a couple others...

I don't doubt you, but in honor of A Christmas Story I had to say it :D

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
pppfffttt... man up and get some real firepower:D I bought myself an ORIGINAL Desert Eagle 50 cal last year ...best money I ever spent.
deserteagle2.jpg

Yes it costs a fortune to shoot and my wrist can only handle about 6 rounds and I am done for the day. However it only takes 1 from this thing to stop anything shy of a pissed off bull elephant:D

Where do you live? I always thought it was illegal to own a small firearm like that I know that's what I've been told anyway. Unless you absolutely were require to have one, like a cop/fbi.

Now I don't care, just curious how so many people on this board own guns like this and automatic weapons.

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
deserteagle2.jpg

I'm jealous. Makes my Browning Hi-Power look like a pee-shooter lol. That must be an exhilarating gun to fire.

Where do you live? I always thought it was illegal to own a small firearm like that I know that's what I've been told anyway. Unless you absolutely were require to have one, like a cop/fbi.

Now I don't care, just curious how so many people on this board own guns like this and automatic weapons.

As far as I know you can own a hand-gun or semi-auto firearm in any state. For a fully automatic gun you have to have a special tag/license or pay some sort of tax.

If more citizens owned guns, America would be a much safer place.

Reddmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Wow. Being from the UK it's pretty weird to hear of people buying guns for Christmas! I can't imagine being able to casually own one.

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
I think if there were no guns besides the law enforcements then America would be a much safer place.

Then what would law-enforcement need guns for?

It is literally impossible to get rid of guns here. The only thing gun-control does is take away guns from those who legitimately and responsibly own them. You think the guns that gangsters and criminals have are registered? I think not.

/rant

back to wishlist...

one of these:
stack20100901.jpg

So I can get back into morning running!

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I fell for you, I was sidelined last season due to injury. It just stinks lol. Which mountain did you go to?

Ugh that sucks! I worked in a desert so no snowboarding seasons for me either : /

I go to Blue Knob and Seven Springs. Both are in Pennsylvania but I plan on taking a trip out to Winter Park Colorado this winter :D Where do you go?

AlmostJosh

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
A double industrial is all I want :)

Attachments

• 149617_1728269686535_1232244968_1969131_3246464_n.jpg
    149617_1728269686535_1232244968_1969131_3246464_n.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 154

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I want 24GB of RAM for my Mac Pro; I think that's the only thing I actually need since 12GB isn't enough all the time.

I would also like a Burton Nug snowboard. This one will probably happen.

<image snip>

I want a handgun, but I have to work out residency issues before I can…

I think if there were no guns besides the law enforcements then America would be a much safer place.

I think America would be a safer place if so many people weren't ignorant.

tjsdaname

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
cedar rapids IA

you could not be more wrong.....

if you take guns away from the legitimate and responsible owners, then what does that help? did you really make a difference? no....

and all the criminals will still have there guns.

and all the sudden they have just as much power as the law enforcement, and now they don't have to be afraid that I might have my gun when they rob me. because we don't have our guns....

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
you could not be more wrong.....

if you take guns away from the legitimate and responsible owners, then what does that help? did you really make a difference? no....

and all the criminals will still have there guns.

and all the sudden they have just as much power as the law enforcement, and now they don't have to be afraid that I might have my gun when they rob me. because we don't have our guns....

Hey! Someone that gets it!

rnelan7

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009
Boise
Ugh that sucks! I worked in a desert so no snowboarding seasons for me either : /

I go to Blue Knob and Seven Springs. Both are in Pennsylvania but I plan on taking a trip out to Winter Park Colorado this winter :D Where do you go?

I go to Camelback in the Poconos. It's the best thing that is closet to me in Jersey.

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
This is more of a "things I'm buying after Christmas" list, really.

Flip MinoHD 4GB:
flip_mino_hd.jpg

Harry Potter 1-5 Blu-Ray:
Harry-Potter-Year-1-5-Box-Set-%5BBlu-ray%5D-%5B2001%5D.jpg

Arkells - Jackson Square LP:
51UNMAI-vsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Conan Live At Third-Man LP:
Sleevedummy.jpg

God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta:
GOW_Ghost_of_Sparta_boxart.jpg

Not too much :) ha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.