Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youngplay

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2010
nice everything works fine for me, for people who are having trouble with the clock app not working just set all the pngs and pdfs in ssh to 777 permission and the folder
english.lproj to 777 and inside the folder which has Localizable.strings to 777. If you have ipad with different language than just find the language folder and change to permissions 777 and everything should work fine.

FirePak

macrumors regular
May 5, 2006
Mesa Arizona
Here is what I did works perfectly.
1. Install openSSH in cydia.
2. Download Cyberduck http://cyberduck.ch/
3. Open connection and change the connection type to SFTP/SSH
4.Type in your IP address, You can find it easily by going to settings/wifi and click the blue button next to your wifi connection.
5. The username is root and the pass is alpine
6. Hit connect it will take awhile to connect.
7. Go to applications folder and copy and paste mobiletimer.app into the folder.
8. I did a respring/reboot and then uninstalled openssh and it works perfectly.

Hope this help.

dadeef

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
Has anyone turned the app into non pixel doubling native iPad resolution? If so tell me if all the screen taps work

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
nice everything works fine for me, for people who are having trouble with the clock app not working just set all the pngs and pdfs in ssh to 777 permission and the folder
english.lproj to 777 and inside the folder which has Localizable.strings to 777. If you have ipad with different language than just find the language folder and change to permissions 777 and everything should work fine.

Would this be the way to go for me to fix my 'timer' section? Everything works great for me except this so I'm hesitant to do the above if it won't necessarily fix my timer piece

youngplay

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2010
Would this be the way to go for me to fix my 'timer' section? Everything works great for me except this so I'm hesitant to do the above if it won't necessarily fix my timer piece

Well I hope timer works for you, it works for me with what I said that I did, doesn't hurt to give it a try

EPAPRESS

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Freiburg, Germany
And for Windows Users?

Hello from Germany!

I have jailbreaked my iPad over SPIRIT (and so have got Cydia) and installed now also OpenSSH.

Cyberduck is for OS X, so what program is needed for Windows 7 Users?

Second question: I have also downloaded the MobileTimer Zip file over GoodReader and have unzipped to MobileTimer.App. Any Chance to install it directly from within GoodReader?

Manfred

itskristian

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
SSH'ed from my iPhone 3GS to my Desktop (MBP), then to the iPad, changed permissions to 777, works great! thanks for the tip.

SMacDuff

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Works fine for the Clock app but does not work for either Weather or Calculator. i have tried copying from my 3GS and then to the iPad while setting permissions to 777 and both apps crash upon startup.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I had this working fine on my jailbroken iPad, running iOS 3.2.

This week I upgraded my iPad to iOS 4.2.1, and jailbroke it... and noticed that MobileTimer.app doesn't work anymore. Anyone else? Does this still work with 4.2.1 on the iPad?

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I had this working fine on my jailbroken iPad, running iOS 3.2.

This week I upgraded my iPad to iOS 4.2.1, and jailbroke it... and noticed that MobileTimer.app doesn't work anymore. Anyone else? Does this still work with 4.2.1 on the iPad?

I can answer my own question... I just SSH'ed into my iPhone 4 (also running iOS 4.2.1) and grabbed MobileTimer.app... then I SSH'ed into my iPad, and copied it into /Applications... then resprung the iPad...

And now it works again.

Even better, with RetinaPad, the text is crisp and clear at 2x. And all functionality (timer, stopwatch, etc.) work perfectly!

clock-20110207-181154.jpg

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I got the Clock, Calculator and Weather apps from my iPhone 4 jailbroken on 4.2.1 to work on my jailbroken iPad 4.2.1. RetinaPad makes em looks pretty good, all fully functional aside from the weather app having placement issues.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Weather app is a bit buggy:

web.jpg

zerostar

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
I moved it over, set permissions to 777 and the icon shows and app works for closk, but if I click on either alarm or timer the apps just quits out. I have Full Force and Retina Pad both installed could it be something installed crashing it or what?

EDIT: Going to grab the one from my iPhone and try that...

EDIT2: That did it! Thanks for the tip :)

Last edited:

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I moved it over, set permissions to 777 and the icon shows and app works for closk, but if I click on either alarm or timer the apps just quits out. I have Full Force and Retina Pad both installed could it be something installed crashing it or what?

EDIT: Going to grab the one from my iPhone and try that...

EDIT2: That did it! Thanks for the tip :)

I was going to post the same fix. Pretty cool! I installed a bunch of Apple app's and just set the permissions for all the .png's/pfd's/english.proj to 777, reboot.

The first time the clock alarm crashed MobileClock, but the iPhone 4 4.2.1 app works 100% Love the Calculator in scientific mode.

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Thanks for the heads-up on this little mod. So far it's working great. However, I did it a little differently. I used the best jailbroken app there is... iFile.

I used iFile to first copy and .zip the mobiletimer.app on my 3GS. Then I beamed it to my iPad via iFile and Safari. What was nice was that all the permission settings were still intact, and after a respring, the icon and name 'Clock' showed up.

So far everything works, and no crashing yet (knock on wood.)

So if you have iFile on both your iPhone and iPad, then here's a quick way of doing this mod without all that SSH'ing. ;)

HTH

Update: Calculator & Weather works well with this method too (even though Weather doesn't play nice with the iPad's larger format.)

Last edited:

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Mad Hatter what version of iOS was your 3GS and what version is your iPad...

Are you sure the stopwatch works?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.