Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McGilli

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
IS it possible to extract the mobiletimer.app from an IPSW file?

I would like the 4.2.1 version since the older version crashes on mine. i don't have a new iphone.

so - if I download 4.2.1 for iphone is there a way to extract files?

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
I guess he key to this working is to copy the clock app from a device on the same version of iOS as the iPad.

Xahur

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
This works absolutely wonderfully :)
One minor detail, though..
FullForce automatically set it to iPad native mode.. Where everything works except for setting an alarm.
In iPad native mode, the wheel for time in alarms is.. Not working.

If you want to use it natively, just disable it in fullforce, set your alarms, then reenable it :)
Looks so much better that way

Stocks.app works perfectly, but you have to manually fullforce it, and the compass doesn't show up in fullforce, but sits in the upper left corner of the screen.

Those are just minor things, the apps are working perfectly!

I guess what I did wrong last time was using the clock from 4.0.1 on a 4.2.1 iPad

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
This works absolutely wonderfully :)
One minor detail, though..
FullForce automatically set it to iPad native mode.. Where everything works except for setting an alarm.
In iPad native mode, the wheel for time in alarms is.. Not working.

If you want to use it natively, just disable it in fullforce, set your alarms, then reenable it :)
Looks so much better that way

Looks even better if you use it with RetinaPad instead of FullForce. And, all components (including the wheel for time in alarms) work 100% perfectly.

grinny11

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
Figured out the icon issue

go into /Applications/MobileTimer.app
copy icon@2x.png to desktop
rename to icon.png and copy back to the iPad
respring

HD icon done.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Figured out the icon issue

go into /Applications/MobileTimer.app
copy icon@2x.png to desktop
rename to icon.png and copy back to the iPad
respring

HD icon done.

Awesome, thanks for that, grinny11. Looks and works great. I really appreciate having this app on my iPad. Why Apple chose to not include it (or an actual iPad native version) is beyond me. It's the only clock app out there that is guaranteed to always stay running natively in the background -- it even puts a little clock icon in the iOS menu bar when an alarm is set.

And being able to jailbreak, add this app on myself, use RetinaPad to make it look great, and now, have a sweet "HD" icon slapped on it too? Fantastic.

It's the little things, y'know? Thanks again.

grinny11

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
Awesome, thanks for that, grinny11. Looks and works great. I really appreciate having this app on my iPad. Why Apple chose to not include it (or an actual iPad native version) is beyond me. It's the only clock app out there that is guaranteed to always stay running natively in the background -- it even puts a little clock icon in the iOS menu bar when an alarm is set.

And being able to jailbreak, add this app on myself, use RetinaPad to make it look great, and now, have a sweet "HD" icon slapped on it too? Fantastic.

It's the little things, y'know? Thanks again.

I hear ya fofer. It's part of my obsessive compulsiveness with gadgets. I want them to work the way IIII want them!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.