Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Saw them in Fry’s in Prescott Valley last week. Caught many eye as I am not familiar with them.

The remind me of a deli chip. Best Honey BBQ chips ever. :)

Good to know, thanks. We will probably be over that way once a month or so for Costco.

Reactions: dk001

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I genuinely don't like either regular Coke or Pepsi, or the "zero" versions - I've always thought the diet versions tasted much better, and it's definitely Diet Pepsi for me.
When I was a kid in the 70s I visited a friend next door and all they had for soda was Tab (his mother was dieting at the time).

60-new.png

Since then, I've always had a liking for Tab. Of course, now it's gone.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
When I was a kid in the 70s I visited a friend next door and all they had for soda was Tab (his mother was dieting at the time).

View attachment 2208315

Since then, I've always had a liking for Tab. Of course, now it's gone.

Reminds me of the Bob Goldthwait joke. He use to drink Tab on stage in the 90s, and people would say he should do ads for Tab.

"Yeah. Hi. When I'm not making fun of the Pope or Christ, I like to drink Tab!"

Anyone who saw his act would think that joke is hilarious.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Since we are on the topic, who is drinking the diet version versus the sugar version? I have avoided a trillion calories steering clear of the sugared version. ;) I remember the first time I stumbled across a sugar free version about 1980ish at a pizza joint in South Texas.

And who basically spits out the sugared version when they get it by accident when ordered at their favorite fast food location? :) Recently I brought home a case of the newer Pepsi No Sugar in a black can. Both the wife and I are liking the taste variation which is subtle.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Since we are on the topic, who is drinking the diet version versus the sugar version? I have avoided a trillion calories steering clear of the sugared version. ;) I remember the first time I stumbled across a sugar free version about 1980ish at a pizza joint in South Texas.

And who basically spits out the sugared version when they get it by accident when ordered at their favorite fast food location? :) Recently I brought home a case of the newer Pepsi No Sugar in a black can. Both the wife and I are liking the taste variation which is subtle.
Can’t stand the full fat version of any of them. Far too sweet for me. I like the taste of Diet Coke as it’s less sweet. Coke Zero is made to taste like normal Coke so not a fan.

Reactions: Huntn

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Suck on an American nickel for a moment.
That's the aftertaste I get (to a lesser degree).

"To rationalize the off-tastes of the AS, we tested whether they could act on the somatosensory system by targeting TRPV1 receptors. In summary, we found that TRPV1 receptors are activated by both AS and selected metal salts and therefore can have a role in their irritating and metallic aftertaste perceptions."

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.