Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I assume you are eastern timezone and those emails were half a hour ago?

Are you sure you dont live in India and morning is now =p?

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Well if he was trying to throw apple off (though considering he also indicated he was still working that doesn't make much sense) maybe he was just lying?

It seemed kind of silly that he didn't own it, its not like domains are expensive or hes part of a large corporation. Maybe there is some history that explains it, anyone?

Its hard to know what to make out of the whole domain thing its very odd. As long as I can grab the jailbreak I dont really care if he does or doesn't change domains soon though.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
As if it wouldnt have been easy to fake "invite comex to chat" too and he had to cover it up or be exposed?

Himynamesnoah

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
^ was in a rush to cover all info for privacy..

Did you email him first, then received a response?
There's no original email from you, to him so he emailed you first?

I doubt he would email you telling you the eta and details. Nice fake though, if it's not then I apologize.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Did you email him first, then received a response?
There's no original email from you, to him so he emailed you first?

I doubt he would email you telling you the eta and details. Nice fake though, if it's not then I apologize.

Yea, it's a very good fake but comex wouldn't email someone first with the eta like that

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
Two things I notice in that screenshot:

1) comex's quote in the second message is not the same as the first
2) the writing style in the first and third messages is similar

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
I just emailed comex to give yall some answers if he ever replies, every info will be shown, nothing blacked out (cept my email). Lets see if those info are true.

NTeggerdine

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
Montrose Iowa
Yep. That missing second period at the end is a dead giveaway this is a FAKE.

I'm new on here and I have noticed this trend in a few different areas.....I don't really get it, what is being accomplished by posting this fake message? Do people really crave positive attention that much??? Or do people think there online "celebrity" status is going to raise because they have a message from comex?? I just don't understand some people...

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
For some reason, I find it hard to believe that they will come out with a fix this quick... Not that they can't, but I don't think they will rush it that much... But that is just what I think, what do I know...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
For some reason, I find it hard to believe that they will come out with a fix this quick... Not that they can't, but I don't think they will rush it that much... But that is just what I think, what do I know...

PDF security holes are a serious security risk. A malicious hacker can make a website that links to a PDF with Comex's exploit, then when an unsuspecting user lands on that website, bam! the hacker can do anything they want to your iOS device. Well, maybe not *anything*, as I don't know the technical details behind Comex's jailbreak, but I'd find it pretty disturbing if Apple doesn't fix this quick.

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011

this isnt like just any old jailbreak that they want to patch this is a huge security hole. Picture this hacker sets up a website roots your device and can now access all of your private data I dont think you would be too happy, even less happy knowing that apple knew about the security risk and did nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.