Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

discosoap

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
The Netherlands
Okay, I still can't get it to work. I left the original file as it is. Also, I have no User Data folder in Zero Hour. This is probably because I haven't launched [and played] the game before. So I don't see any .ini files that I can trash.

Here is the error I get from terminal after I execute the command. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last login: Thu Apr 10 14:56:48 on ttys000
Macintosh:~ Jim$ cd /Applications/CC/Zero\ Hour/Zero\ Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/
Macintosh:MacOS Jim$ DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_LIBRARIES= /Applications/CC/Zero\ Hour/Zero\ Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenTransport ./Zero\ Hour
-bash: /Applications/CC/Zero Hour/Zero Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenTransport: Permission denied

Hmm good one, I am not sure where to go from here, so I hope others will chime in.. Maybe set permissions of the "CC-folder" and all enclosed files and folders to "read/write/execute" for "owner, group & everyone" before executing the command in Terminal. See if that works.

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
Pink Animation

Has anyone experienced Pink Animation, I had the game running perfectly ok on my MBP Early 2011 and not I switched to my new MBP 13" late 2013 with retina display and I get all pink
I use this command to run the game

DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Applications/Command\ \&\ Conquer\ Generals/Zero\ Hour/Zero\ Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenTransport /Applications/Command\ \&\ Conquer\ Generals/Zero\ Hour/Zero\ Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/Zero\ Hour_bin

I also tried different OpenTransport frameworks and no luck.

Also the game exit after a few seconds with the following error.

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _OTAtomicAdd16
Referenced from: /Applications/Command & Conquer Generals/Zero Hour/Zero Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/Zero Hour_bin
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon

dyld: Symbol not found: _OTAtomicAdd16
Referenced from: /Applications/Command & Conquer Generals/Zero Hour/Zero Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/Zero Hour_bin

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Please advice, Regards

Attachments

• Zero Hour.png
    Zero Hour.png
    600.8 KB · Views: 455

discosoap

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
The Netherlands
Has anyone experienced Pink Animation, I had the game running perfectly ok on my MBP Early 2011 and not I switched to my new MBP 13" late 2013 with retina display and I get all pink
I use this command to run the game

DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Applications/Command\ \&\ Conquer\ Generals/Zero\ Hour/Zero\ Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenTransport /Applications/Command\ \&\ Conquer\ Generals/Zero\ Hour/Zero\ Hour.app/Contents/MacOS/Zero\ Hour_bin

I also tried different OpenTransport frameworks and no luck.

Also the game exit after a few seconds with the following error.

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _OTAtomicAdd16

dyld: Symbol not found: _OTAtomicAdd16

Please advice, Regards

Nope, sorry. Hadn't seen this before :confused:

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
I got the game working fine after a lot trials, Now I upgraded to 10.9.3 and Zero Hour is not working anymore, Thanks to Apple.:mad:

AaoIi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014
i got the library from mountain lion old osx then i copied it to the latest version of mavericks osx and after executing this code in the terminal here is the error :

sds-mbp:MacOS Yukki$ DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/OpenTransport ./Zero\ Hour
dyld: could not load inserted library '/OpenTransport' because image not found

johnathonjohn

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014
Any luck on 15" retina?

I wish EA would issue a patch for this... I miss playing command and conquer zero hour. Especially after the reboot got cancelled they could at least support zero hour still. I've been trying to get the original to work on my retina but no luck whatsoever :(

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
I got to work on 10.9.3 by getting a copy of OpenGL.framework from 10.9.2 and copied it into /Command & Conquer Generals/Zero Hour/Zero Hour.app/Contents/MacOS

Ater reboot, it worked fine.

Regards

AaoIi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014
I got to work on 10.9.3 by getting a copy of OpenGL.framework from 10.9.2 and copied it into /Command & Conquer Generals/Zero Hour/Zero Hour.app/Contents/MacOS

Ater reboot, it worked fine.

Regards

Can you help me to get your zero hour and your framework ? may you please upload it somewhere !!

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
Hey ,if you may upload your zero hour with its contents because mine is not working at all even with your framework , or just let me know which version of zero hour are you using ? 1.02 ? or 1.04 ?

Thanks

I am using 1.04, BTW, Did you reboot after applying the fix?

AaoIi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014
I am using 1.04, BTW, Did you reboot after applying the fix?

Yeah , but nothing works ! I've no idea now ..

i will explain what i did :
1- First i made zero hour executable by writing this code + "chmod +x Zero\ Hour)"
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

def main():
import os
path = os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))
command='DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES="{0}/OpenTransport" "{0}/Zero Hour_bin"'.format(path)
import subprocess
subprocess.call(command, shell=True)

if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

2-i copied your framework into there "ZeroHour.app/contents/MacOs/"
and then reboot but nothing works .

I've got an idea , may you upload your Zero Hour executable file !! i may missed something !

Thanks for helping

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
Yeah , but nothing works ! I've no idea now ..

i will explain what i did :
1- First i made zero hour executable by writing this code + "chmod +x Zero\ Hour)"
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

def main():
import os
path = os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))
command='DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES="{0}/OpenTransport" "{0}/Zero Hour_bin"'.format(path)
import subprocess
subprocess.call(command, shell=True)

if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

2-i copied your framework into there "ZeroHour.app/contents/MacOs/"
and then reboot but nothing works .

I've got an idea , may you upload your Zero Hour executable file !! i may missed something !

Thanks for helping

I attached the required script file to run Zero Hour.

Rename original ZeroHour.app/contents/MacOs/Zero Hour to Zero Hour_bin

Extract the attached file and copy Zero Hour to ZeroHour.app/contents/MacOs/ along with the framework files and reboot.

Regards

Attachments

• Zero Hour.zip
    383 bytes · Views: 415

AaoIi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014
I attached the required script file to run Zero Hour.

Rename original ZeroHour.app/contents/MacOs/Zero Hour to Zero Hour_bin

Extract the attached file and copy Zero Hour to ZeroHour.app/contents/MacOs/ along with the framework files and reboot.

Regards

its not working in anyway with reboot , I've tried also to run it after i cd to Macos...location
its giving me this error .

Code:
sds-mbp:MacOS Yukki$ DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/OpenTransport.framework/Versions/A/OpenTransport ./Zero\ Hour
dyld: could not load inserted library '/OpenTransport.framework/Versions/A/OpenTransport' because image not found

Any body has a idea how to get this thing work ?
ive noticed something with the framework , should i double click the opentransport with textedit and accept to run on my osx ? i missed this ?
Thanks you shafez for your effort :)

Last edited:

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
its not working in anyway with reboot , I've tried also to run it after i cd to Macos...location
its giving me this error .

Code:
sds-mbp:MacOS Yukki$ DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/OpenTransport.framework/Versions/A/OpenTransport ./Zero\ Hour
dyld: could not load inserted library '/OpenTransport.framework/Versions/A/OpenTransport' because image not found

Any body has a idea how to get this thing work ?
ive noticed something with the framework , should i double click the opentransport with textedit and accept to run on my osx ? i missed this ?
Thanks you shafez for your effort :)

Last thing, I have attached the data folder in case you don't have Zero Hour data folder, Extract the file and copy the user data folder to Zero Hour folder.

Good Luck

Attachments

• User Data.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 329

AaoIi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014
Last thing, I have attached the data folder in case you don't have Zero Hour data folder, Extract the file and copy the user data folder to Zero Hour folder.

Good Luck

Its not working either ... may somebody upload the whole zero hour game on any online disk (Google,Yandex .. ) . it will be the last chance then i will have no way to play it !
Thanks

aaronlclark

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2014
Okay so first of all I wanna say a big thank you to everybody who's working on this to help set a solid resolution for this issue in place!

Right so I seem to have an issue that's slightly different to anything else that people have had problems with (throughout the thread).

I actually did get ZH to launch earlier but then it closed down as I was amending settings in the option menu...and now unable to launch.

I've been through the same process multiple times but only able to recreate the following result (screen shot attached) which has occurred ever since the 'crash'.

Hopefully somebody can help me with this...I'd love to get back into ZH!

Attachments

• ZH-Screen-Shot.jpg
    ZH-Screen-Shot.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 353

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
Okay so first of all I wanna say a big thank you to everybody who's working on this to help set a solid resolution for this issue in place!

Right so I seem to have an issue that's slightly different to anything else that people have had problems with (throughout the thread).

I actually did get ZH to launch earlier but then it closed down as I was amending settings in the option menu...and now unable to launch.

I've been through the same process multiple times but only able to recreate the following result (screen shot attached) which has occurred ever since the 'crash'.

Hopefully somebody can help me with this...I'd love to get back into ZH!

There should be 2 folders within the Zero Hour fold, One is Zero Hour Data and the other is User Data.

It seems that some how the Data folder is missing or it is not where it should be.

If the folders are ok, Then I suggest re installing the game.

aaronlclark

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2014
There should be 2 folders within the Zero Hour fold, One is Zero Hour Data and the other is User Data.

It seems that some how the Data folder is missing or it is not where it should be.

If the folders are ok, Then I suggest re installing the game.

Hi shafez,

I have re-installed multiple times and each time I have the same issue.

The 2nd screen shot which I have attached to this post shows the file structure I have...anything odd that sticks out?

Attachments

• ZH-Screen-Shot-2.jpg
    ZH-Screen-Shot-2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 254

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States
Hi shafez,

I have re-installed multiple times and each time I have the same issue.

The 2nd screen shot which I have attached to this post shows the file structure I have...anything odd that sticks out?

Did you completely remove the folders or re installed over the old one?

Maybe you need to do clean install.

aaronlclark

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2014
Did you completely remove the folders or re installed over the old one?

Maybe you need to do clean install.

I have done both options.

If I do a clean install. Then update to 1.04 and 1.02. And go to launch ZH, the ZH splashscreen pops up and then closes down.

If you like, I can take some time and do a full detailed step-by-step process with screen shots to illustrate what I've been doing?

AaoIi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2014

If I do a clean install. Then update to 1.04 and 1.02. And go to launch ZH, the ZH splashscreen pops up and then closes down.

This is the same problem I'm having with my zero hour !! and I've no idea how to get this thing works !!

shafez

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
United States

If you like, I can take some time and do a full detailed step-by-step process with screen shots to illustrate what I've been doing?

Read this thread again ,Everything is here.

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.