Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asoksevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
London, UK
There are a solution to erase the bad kext . I find it on web but now I can't remember where. Sorry but it's possible. Just search on Google

I did try it but it didnt work out... so at this point I am still wondering whether its worth or not to go through all this trouble to get Coolbook working. I mean if its that's "easy" then the original developer could just make it Mavericks compatible.

Stephsa

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
if you want to erase the NullCPu...kext you have to go in safe mode or in recovery mode and open a terminal.
and find the exact way to access the kext
In wich volume etc.
I have make another error and impossible to boot. This night i go to recovery mode and with the terminal I search and find the good way to erase the two appleintel kext. And I search and copy the sleepenabler.kext file to the extensions folder.
It is like this:

rm -r /volumes/myname/systeme/library/extensions/AppleIntel....kext

and for the sleepenabler :

cp -r /volumes/myname/desktop/coolbook/sleepenabler.kext /volumes/myname/systeme/library/extensions/

et voila

;-)

Noogieman

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
Hello..
I had Coolbook running on my Macbook Pro (early 2008).. with Snow Leopard.. but since it isn't safe anymore I jumped to Mavericks (which still get's Security Updates from Apple..)..

I read that Coolbook runs with Mountain Lion & Mavericks too.. but I have a Problem.. I can't download sleepenabler kext like mentioned before.. when I try to download sleepenabler.kext from https://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/ I got an Error

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /p/xnu-sleep-enabler/ from this server. That’s all we know."

Does anybody have a working sleepenabler.kext for Mavericks 10.9.5 ?
Thank you..

Loyd-01a

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2014
Please, can anyone help me. I have accepted an update of OS X and now the Mac don't boot. There are one error in the install and I just have access to terminal on repair mode. Does it possible to erase the sleepenabler kext? From this terminal ? And possible to reinstall the two other kext ?
Erased : not the correct post
[doublepost=1456777945][/doublepost]
I just wanted to post a thank-you for this info. My Intel Core2Duo-based MacBook Air (13-inch, Late 2010) is now happily running CoolBook again. This is with OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion after a long hiatus ever since OS X 10.7 Lion first came out.

Under version 2.22 of CoolBook everything works as it did under OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, with one exception: it shows voltages under 0.9250 V as options for my MacBookAir3,2. If I select a voltage under that, it actually never undervolts below 0.9250 V. Under Snow Leopard with stock Apple Intel CPU Power Mangement kexts, it never showed those lower voltages as being available on my MBA so I imagine that's a side-effect of SleepEnabler.kext.
@Mr. Zarniwoop
Hello,
I hope it's too late.
Could you please share the voltage you used for your MBP 13 2010 ?
Thank you

asoksevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
London, UK
Coolbook 2.22 and Mavericks (10.9.3) is running!

If have installed the two kext files after updating to 10.9.3 and is is running but also with the same side effects (cannot under volt below 0.9250V).

At the moment my MBP is running very cool even on high load :)
But I use also an additional app for controlling the fan:
Macs Fan Control

Many thanks to Mr. Zarniwoop for summarizing all necessary steps!

My setup:
MBP Mid 2010, 13'' (MacBookPro7,1, Core2Duo P8600)
OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks

Did you manage to get it under the 0.9250v?

I think it is also the lowest it can go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.